Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS V8 New Tyres Choice

ozengines

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II SS Ex Chaser V8
I am in need of 4 new tyres for my 2002 SS V8, can someone give me an idea of good brands and prices. I am NOT into tyre spinning or racing, just want a tyre with good all round grip for casual driving. This ride only goes out on weekends.
When I bought this car a few months ago, from the outside the tires looked very good. But on getting it home, and my fault for not bending my back, the insides of the rear tyes are down to the canvas.
As this is an Ex Pursuit car, would there be a difference in the cambers and can the rear camber be adjusted, if that is not a stupid question.!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wat size rims do u have? 17s? a 4 point camber kit is wat u need it wont fix the problem 100% but it will dramaticly help the life of the tyres 4 sure

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
not difference in camber on HPC vx 'ss to the standard ones

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
toyo TEO's are a good tyre, nice and quiet non directional pattern, nice and sticky tire in the wet, have seen these on VY's that i service and when rotated at every service last about 45-50,000 k's which is good out of a 17 inch tyre