Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing dash

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
Hey guys,
I have always wanted the 3-window level 3 dash in my exec, and bought a HSV one last week. I just realised though that the cluster i bought is from a HSV VT, whereas i have a VX2, is it possible to recallibrate this still with a tech 2? just want to be sure before i put it in.
Also can i just chuck the new cluster in and then drive it to local holden dealer to get it done? as in will the speedo etc still work ok before it gets recallibrated?
thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can get it recalibrated no problem. You can put it in before you go to Holden but some of the functions will not work. Not sure on the speedo though.

xtr3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6L
The different version (vt - vx) question Im not sure of, and will require someone else to answer.
But if you can do it, the speedo and tacho may be incorrect, as the cluster needs to know what engine you have, what gearbox, how many airbags etc.
The needles will move as far as I am aware, but they may or may not be accurate.

Whilst your there, I dont know if it interests you but, If you want a digital speedo in the far left LCD you can get them to activate "Police Mode". You will loose the "Overspeed function" but if that doesnt bother you, then youll be fine

By the way, you can set the overspeed at like 115 or 120 and then turn Police Mode on and it will still warn you of your overspeed, but you cant adjust it. Just thought u might wanna know

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
alright thanks heaps guys, i will swap it over tomorrow and go see how much they'll charge me (hopefully nothing :whistling) Yeh ill ask about the digital speedo too, i never use overspeed alert pfft
cheers guys