Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wanted: advice on cat back exhaus

rxeven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive s1
Hi all, I just purchased a VT executive, so far it's been great however I’d like a little more noise, I am looking at getting a 2.5 " Red Back cat back system, does any one have any advice. I had an s3 rx7 previously and if there is one thing I miss other then the manual box and revs its gutta be the lack of noise. Any suggestions, comments or any other chat you might have to help decide let me know. I don't want to mess around too much which is why I am looking at the cat back I’m hoping it will be relatively easy to fit and give the noise i'm looking for.

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
i have a 2.5" cat back with redback mufflers and a hotdog on the end and its nice.
noisy when i plant my foot and quiet on the free way

rxeven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive s1
Thanks madvx , the droning on the freeway is one thing that got to me after a while with tha rx7 so its good to hear your feedback, did you fit the exhaust yourself, did u have any probs ? Am I right in assuming that a cat back shouldn’t affect fuel consumption?

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
i have lukey catback, and no rear muffler - if you look in "my ride" thread there is a youtube link

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
i got a mate that has a 2.5 inch redback with extractors and it's the best sounding V6 i've heard

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
i got a mate that has a 2.5 inch redback with extractors and it's the best sounding V6 i've heard

I have the same installed minus the rear resonator :)

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
he doesn't have a resi either i don't think

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
i just got my done about 4 weeks ago. just a simple 2.5 redback catback. i love it still. when you are on the freeway it doesent drone as much. its got a great note when you are going through the gears. next thing would have to be extractors to give a little bit more oomf in it....

question? would it change the note if i got extractors on it now?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
i dont think so, extractors dont do much for noise

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
Thanks madvx , the droning on the freeway is one thing that got to me after a while with tha rx7 so its good to hear your feedback, did you fit the exhaust yourself, did u have any probs ? Am I right in assuming that a cat back shouldn’t affect fuel consumption?

no i didnt fit it
i had DT Perfomance make one for me :)