Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Thoughts....

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
Hey guys n girls,

I drive a stock standard 02 vx series 2 executive and looking at lowering it asap.

Plan to lower the car before i go out and buy a set of 18inch bboss rims and looking at changing the suspension.

What do people think of the pedders sports ryder suspension or is there a better suspension out there which is cheaper?

I do not want to drop the car on the guts as it still needs to be practical for driving everyday over speed humps, bumps in roads, etc without bottoming out all the time.

On the pedders site, i like the look of this car.

photo_1169038247.jpg

Its not too low or too high and looks great with 18s on.

However, are king springs good? people say there quite soft! and what size spring would i need to achieve the same look as the pedders?

Opinions / Ideas, do i require a camber kit so i dont wear out the tyres, as this is my first car, and im sick of the stock standard look!

n0tepad

Reaction score
Website
www.joshsgasandplumbing.com.au
Members Ride
VX Calais V6 Supercharged
that monaro definitely looks choice sitting that low but youd probably find yourself scraping on things all the time. my vx ute isnt as low as this monaro and i still have to be careful not to smash the front bar off on the occassional high gutter when parking. the ute is generally trouble free in terms of clearance and ride comfort with its king springs on it.
people always talk about camber kits. i dont believe my ute was setup with one and in 4 years i havent seen any need for it.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
get your rims b4 you lower it cos if you lower it b4 you dont wanna get your rims and put them on and they scrub or something.

also king springs arent that soft but it also depends on how low you go

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
I'll purchase the rims and wheels first, and then lower it!

ODYSSEY - I don't want to go any lower than that monaro, so in king springs which is that? SSSL, SSL, SL, L.

Will i also be require to change the shocks in the front and rears?

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I had my car dumpd and didnt change the shocks drove around for a year then went back to standard height and the shocks are still fine so I assume you wouldnt have to. If you can afford to then do it but its not a need.

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
what do u mean back to standard height? i dont want my car to go back to the stock ride height, id like to keep it looking like the above photo everyday, all year round!

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I put mine back to standard height after having it been lowered for a year is what I ment, you can keep yours as low as you want as long as you want :)

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
oh ok, so you just put the old springs back in... to get it back to standard height... how low did you go? and what springs did you use?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
i reckon that monaro is super lows and it looks good cos the 18's are big enough to sit under the guards really nice.

i wouldnt go any lower than super low cos its just ridiculous and not only that lower than SL's are illegal and most places wont put lower than that in your car anyway

ive always had SL's on my cars and never had a problem with bottoming out only the odd car park with the gutter or something at the end and the front bumper will scrape a little bit but that nevere bothered me cos you cant see the scratch marks under the bumper

stig1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
so you reckon it be fine to get away with sl from king springs in my vx?

like sl in the front and rears... and i will still have that alittle high back that comes stock with commodores.. cause i like that look, and i like the image above i used.