Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another camber question

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
I have a question to all the people that have had Cambers fitted to the rear of there VT ,Did they fit them to the inner ar the outer side ? thanks ..

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
I have a question to all the people that have had Cambers fitted to the rear of there VT ,Did they fit them to the inner ar the outer side ? thanks ..
I just fitted the 4 point adjustable pedders bushes to the mrs VX, it's best to do the 4 point kit as you can get more adjustment & get the rear wheels nearly spot on when you do the alignment. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The inner bushes are replaced with adjustable ones.

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
kave1 did you fit the camber kit your self

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I just have a 2 point camber kit at the moment, which is just controlling the toe and not the camber.

Got to get that other 2 point kit installed soon, if you car is lower than fe2 defntley get the 4point kit installed.

kave1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2 v8 berlina
kave1 did you fit the camber kit your self

No i took the car to my brother inlaws work shop & used his hoist with 2 of us doing this job.Please don't try doing this job in the driveway at home,it is a bugger of a job,best to put it in to get it done if you don't have a hoist & a couple of mates.Cheers.:bang:

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yes get it professionally done, bastard of a job.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Yes get it professionally done, bastard of a job.

ok i have already done my cambers but i was just making sure he did the right ones i had the inner ones done so i would say he did the right ones..

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
the 4 point kit is outer and inner inner is for toe outer is camber, but with 4 points got to make sure the guy who does the alliment set's up the camber to 12oclock that makes it so there is less cmaber and then addjust the toe, iv had guys that kept stuffing around with the camber ajjustment got to a point there one guy actully incresed the camber and claimed the suppension arms are bent

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I put my 4 point in my VX 1 by myself using jacks only.
The hardest thing i found was trying to get the control arms back into their positions to bolt up again.
It is a prick of a job yes, but i just did one side a day and took it slow.
Make sure you get it alligned soon afterwards, or you will doing more harm then good to the tyres.