Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

berlina dash in executive

P

phoenix_984

i dont suppose anyone would know if you can put the tri windowed dash from the berlina or calais into an executive (vt)? whats involved and how much for the dash would you need the computer as well?

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
you would need to get a tech2 for it to work... i think a new dash is ~$700

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
From memory I think that there are either 6 or 8 screws to get the instrument cluster out, about 15 mins for 1st timers, then just unplug the old and put in the new, and replace the screws of course.

Everything works but the airbag light will be on as the berlinas have more of them, and the 'trac off' light will be illuminated if your car doesn't have it, and there will be a small 'x' in the left window display which is just meaning there is a fault with your airbags.

As baldric said I think that a tech2 can fix these little things.

I bought mine second hand off ebay, it's actually a VX one, for $180, but they don't come up often and they sometimes go for up to $350, but it's worth it if you can get one for the right price as you get heaps more functions.

Cheers
Toa

Mark_78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Hey all, I got everything working in my Acclaim but one thing which doesnt work is my Gear change lights on the dash, which tells u which gear im in, does anyone know how to fix the problem or anything which helps.

Cheers
MArkus

ahm09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have the same problem , after the change the gear lights doesn't work, does anyone have an idea about it?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
mwb235, thats HIS thread that you directed him to read in order to help him :p

M

mwb235

Yes anarklov3r but did you notice in that thread, my last post (post #6) referred him to an older thread titled "Gear selection indicator" which covers this topic in detail?

I'm not up with "posting etiquette" so i don't know if i went about it the correct/best way but ahm09 posted in two threads so i responded in two threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

ahm09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thank you very much mwb235 for your information and I'm working on it and hopefully it will work
and thank you anarklov3r for making sure that the information is in the riht palce ( some times we miss some lines in the threads )