Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove traction control

C

craigillz

hey all, my mate wants to know how to take off his traction control off in his vt and if u take it off would this doo any damage :confused: plz reply soon cheers

C

Camotec

Why take it off? why not just turn it off? or pull the fuse for it?

Cheers
Ben

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i can get you a neat little module that remembers the last setting, therrefore will remain off after ignition cycle.
Cheers Rob

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
Hmmm, that module thing sure sounds interesting. Can't Holden set the switch status using the Tech2?

Ciao ...

K

Krizto

You like with the LS1's using LS1 Edit, you can turn TC off via Tech2. How willing your local Holden dealership is to do this is another story.

:unsure:

Cheers, Chris.

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
Krizto said:
You like with the LS1's using LS1 Edit, you can turn TC off via Tech2. How willing your local Holden dealership is to do this is another story.

:unsure:

Cheers, Chris.

I was hoping that with the Tech2 they could program the switch to remember the last position it was set at before the car was turned off. I guess it's a safetly thing that it always it on when the car starts.

Ciao ...

R

RKZ234

If T/C is fitted to the car when it leaves the factory and you, or anyone else disables the feature by any means other than depressing the factory fitted button, it is considered to be a vehicle modification and requires an Engineering Certificate. My advice would be don't mess with it!!!

R

Ratty

RKZ234 said:
If T/C is fitted to the car when it leaves the factory and you, or anyone else disables the feature by any means other than depressing the factory fitted button, it is considered to be a vehicle modification and requires an Engineering Certificate. My advice would be don't mess with it!!!

Whats an Engineering Certificate ... Here in WA I dont think they are required ... Hey I could be very wrong! Just never heard of it.

Cheers

R

RKZ234

Ratty said:
Whats an Engineering Certificate ... Here in WA I dont think they are required ... Hey I could be very wrong! Just never heard of it.

Cheers

It's a (Mechanical) Engineers Certificate to certify the modification is safe and doesn't contravene any rules/regulations and the vehicle is also compliant with ADR's (Ozzie Design Rules)

Eg. If you buy a 3 seat Troop Carrier and then decide at a later date to put in the 3 seat bench seat as per an RV model, or if you decide to have an extra passenger side door fitted for rear seat passengers (popular mod in WA) you require an Engineers Certificate.

C

craigillz

if there is a fuse for it could sumone plz tell me where it is