Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome grill on vt: this is how to do it cheap..

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
i discoverd how to make my grill chronme on my berlina (full chrome) for 15 bucks unless you want to pay 70 on ebay

You need:
1 can of paint stripper from supercheap
1 screw driver
1 rag
pressure hose

1st take the grill off unless you want a respray.

2nd spray the grill with the paint stripper, let it sit there for 8 to 10 mins

3rd spray the grill with the pressure hose this should get rid of all the paint flakes.

4th put a rag on the end off the screw driver to grab all those litt bits tat didnt come off between the vents...

repeat untill you are happpy with the end result...i will post pics when i can be botherd getn baterys for my digital camera.

Vtwagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Yes, how good is the quality? Didn't know the plastic was chrome underneath..

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
berlina and calais got a chrome trim on the out side and my paint started to peel and i saw it was chrome underneath even on the vents thats how i relised. im not sure about exec and other models but if u scratch the back with a stanley knife you should be able to find out...i post pics during the week

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ive been meaning to do this for a long time now but never got around to it and i really didnt know what it would look like so some pics would be nice.

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Sounds like a nasty way of doing things...

For the rest of us with the cheaper plastic, I think you'll find its all black plastic all the way through...no chrome there :(

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
nasty...nah not nasty at all it comes up shmik as myne was chrome underneath you will prob find that they where chrome b4 holden sprayed them black on exec and acclaims lumina ect...

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
never seen a vx calais/berlina with the grill chrome it would look tuff as man after my vx berlian garnish goes on im thinken of getn a vx berlina front end as well vx calais my fav car atm