Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I'm The Same as Armyrhino. im new here too :D

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
G'day ppls. I'v been reading over these forums quite a bit lately as im looking to extract more poke out of my 97 VTV6 being new to commodores i felt this seemed a pretty good place to start posting. i'v drummed up a list of things to do in my head but have tried looking for prices (can fit everything myself) for the mods i plan to do. The motor has 240k so im not sure how it will hold up after some boosted mclovin but i guess if she goes bang i get an excuse to go nuts :thumbsup:

Mods i have planned are as follows:

* 3.9 LSD
* Tranny mods, Shift kit (stage2)
* Exhaust and extractors.
*Rockers
*Raptor pro intercooled. (7-7.5K?)

i was also thinking of juicing up the converter a little. i was thinking 2-2.5k stall to help launches and general acceleration, i was wondering if this would be too much for a standard cam?

seeing the car has as many k's i was thinking the intercooled version just to lower the intake temps and it drops the boost down a little perhaps extending what little life the engine has left?

I'm sure there are a few other people browsing who have done many of the above things to their car and would like feed-back on how it all goes and what sort of power they achieved with similar modifications. i dont want to start cracking to motor open yet and im sure ill come up with many more questions. but im hoping with all of the above i should be able to give standard ss's or even clubbies a bit of a scare ;)

Also apologies if i posted this in the wrong thread. :whistling

Pics below.. if anyone really cares...

Car.jpg

brakes done :D

front
car3.jpg

rear
car2.jpg

Last edited:

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
hey mate 3.9 are good for doing burnouts with the raptor kits,. except 1st gear is shorted to 40-45km/h and second is around 100.

for an exhaust a nice set of extractors, high flow 3 inch cat, with straight thru after that or try some hot dog mufflers?

with the trains a set of kevlar bands and some covertte or billet servos, and a stage 2 would be sweet shifts like a dream,

hope that helps

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Also apologies if i posted this in the wrong thread. :whistling

Yep;), you posted in a sponsors personal section for questions on their gear. Just Commodores » Sponsors » Raptor Superchargers » I'm The Same as Armyrhino. im new here too :D »

But sounds good what ya got planned, will be good if ya got the cash as all that costs a bundle.

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
iv just become a tradesman so i can now start to have some fun :w00t:

this should all be done.. by the end of the year? lols.. nar, hopefully before june.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
also can i suggest some slotted rotors and decent pads too.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
moved to VT section - let me know if this doesn't suit.

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
moved to VT section - let me know if this doesn't suit.

too easy, thanks man :D

Re: rotors yeah i forgot all about them. are there some DBA or similar ones available just for a stock upgrade as mine are more warped then something thats very badly warped. i would go for stock ones again however i heard they are pretty prone to being bad. its also a fairly cheap upgrade. Iv seen a kit on ebay for 3k but its a little excessive for what i want.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
If you are lucky you can find some good deals.

Did the front rotors on mine to DBA slotted and got Bendix ultimate pads for $150.00 all up. Find a place that does the cop cars, they run for only 2000kms with the rotors and brakes then change everything.

Growler88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6
new brakes are going on tomorrow :yeah:

then i can start saving for the diff.... then the zorst.. and rockers.. and tranny... then BLOWER!!

eventually.... eventually.......

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
lol...Good luck mate :thumbsup: make sure you save some just in case anything goes wrong :thumbsup: