Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame, Holden Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RKZ234

For 3 years plus, I've been contending with a warranty issue, directly related to a DESIGN FAULT in the VX Series 1. (which Holden addressed in the VX Series II by way of a modification) In hindsight, I have clearly been far too patient with Holden, in relation to their reluctance to fix the problem properly. Holden has now turned around and cited the duration (during which I have remained patient with them) of the issue against me, citing an extensive timeframe as a factor in their decision to decline reimbursement for incidental damage arising from the underlying design fault!!!!

They have been incapable of fixing the problem since brand new (for over 3 years) and now have decided to wash their hands of the problem, which essentially is a refusal to honour their warranty.

Therefore, this post goes out, as a huge warning bell to everyone with any longstanding and unresolved warranty fault with any HOLDEN vehicle. COMMENCE MAKING COMPREHENSIVE AND METICULOUS DIARISED NOTES ON YOUR ISSUE(S) if you haven't already done so.
BE SURE TO QUOTE DEALER RESPONSES TO YOUR ISSUE AND HIGHLIGHT INCONSISTENCIES OR DIFFEREING EXCUSES.

MAKE A STAND ON YOUR ISSUE NOW! DO NOT ACCEPT THE FEEBLE AND OFTEN UNEDUCATED AND FACTUALLY INCORRECT EXCUSES OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE STAFF YOU SPEAK TO ON THE 1800 NUMBER. DO NOT WAIT WEEKS AT A TIME FOR THEM TO "LOOK INTO" THE SITUATION, OR TO "GET BACK TO YOU" OR "SPEAK TO ANOTHER DEPARTMENT/PERSON." ETC. ETC. SUCH ASSURANCES ARE CODE FOR, "WE HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING ANYTHING AND ARE ACTUALLY HOPING YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GIVE UP AND LEAVE US ALONE SO WE CAN AVOID OUR RESPONSIBILITIES."

DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO DELAY ADDRESSING YOUR CONCERNS FOR SO LONG THAT THEIR WARRANTY PERIOD EXPIRES, BECAUSE IF THEY ACHIEVE THIS OBJECTIVE, THEY WILL WITHOUT CONSCIENCE, DROP YOU LIKE A HOT POTATO AND LEAVE YOU WITH STUCK WITH A FAULTY VEHICLE AND STATE THAT; "YOU WILL NEED TO SEEK SATISFACTION OUTSIDE HOLDEN," This is EXACTLY what HOLDEN have said to me.

That response is Holden jargon for, "We don't give a FCUK about you, go ahead and take legal action if you don't like or arrogance or the contempt we have for you. We've got our money out of you already, plus we have a substantial legal department, with an equally HUGE BUDGET, specifically to deal with customers like you who refuse to be fobbed off and persist in demanding to get what they paid for."

Anyone with longstanding unresolved warranty faults, who is as fed up as I am with Holden's inability to address warranty faults, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] as I'd love to hear from you, so I can compile the necessary information to prove my case to Holden et al, unequivocally that I'm not the only dissatisfied Holden Customer in the country as they are inferring.

To do this properly, I'll need you to supply me with the following;

1. Your name
2. Suburb/ Town
3. Contact Ph No
4. Vehicle Model & Year
5. Brief Details of the fault(s) (please don't write war and peace)
6. How many times the vehicle has been presented to a dealer for rectification of each particular fault and details of the lame or conflicting excuses received regarding the issue
7. Have you rung the Holden 1800 033 349 number with your complaint?
7a. If so when & how many times
8. What has been their response/excuse or lack thereof?

I'm fed up to the eyeballs with Holden's pathetic, arrogant and contemptuous refusal to rectify my longstanding warranty concerns in a timely manner, their disgraceful attempt to make me feel guilty for raising concerns over the longevity of my issue and their incapability in addressing the issue, by inferring that I'm somehow unreasonable, simply because I'm a dissatisfied customer. Quite sadly, as far as I'm concerned, that sort of attitude is disgraceful and evidences a refusal to conduct business in a morally or ethically acceptable manner in the year 2005.

There's no use buying a Holden if their warranty means diddly squat!!!

As Derryn Hinch would say,

"SHAME HOLDEN SHAME!"

Last edited by a moderator:

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
May I ask what problem you had with your VX Seriers 1? I also have a big complaint about holdens service or the lack of! Feel free to PM me for details.

R

RKZ234

daggett said:
May I ask what problem you had with your VX Seriers 1? I also have a big complaint about holdens service or the lack of! Feel free to PM me for details.

PM on the way.

M

mjfs

I too am interested to know what your problem was as I have a VX series 1 and you have arroused my curiosity, PM if you like, thanks.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
I would also like to know?

V

VT Calais 5.0

I along with the others would like to know what it is that happened.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Yeah why not just tell us in here????? a BIG wtf from me...

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I agree with the comments here made by others I have a 2001 VX manual, so naturally I am concerned what problems you have with your car. We are all here to help each other out and we love our cars

Status
Not open for further replies.