Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV instrument cluster into VT Exec.

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
I have a HSV VT Clubsport Instrument Cluster (brand new) that I would like to put into my Series II VT Exec.

Is this as simple as just swapping them over or will parts of the cluster not work, for example, the gear selector light etc.

To get it to function properly, what will I need?

Thanks.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
The easy bit is putting it in, the hard bit is getting ya dealer to configure it, I had to try 2 dealers before I could get them to program it, GRRR!. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the cluster programming spec sheets.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The actual programming is a whizz but getting someone to do it is different.
The BCM will need to be changed to get the PRNDL leds to work,
i can program all this off the car if you need
PM me if you want

Cheers Rob

cybermatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
SII VT
ShanghaiVZ said:
The easy bit is putting it in, the hard bit is getting ya dealer to configure it, I had to try 2 dealers before I could get them to program it, GRRR!. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the cluster programming spec sheets.
I work at a Holden dealer as a Systems Administrator (I run there computer network) so I should have a problem getting it fitted etc.

That said, the reason I asked if this could be done was because the service technician told me that half the options wouldn't work for obvious reasons unless I went through all the trouble of replacing the computer etc. He wasn't 100% sure about that so he suggested I do a bit of research about it so, here I am! :D

The two techs. at work that 'may' have been able to answer my question are away at the moment :(

ozscott75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim SII
Hey ShanghaiVZ, Is the programming the same for the VX SII as it is for a VT?

Doctor Bob, What does the programming give you that you wouldn't have already by just switching it over?

S

sat69

ShanghaiVZ said:
:rofl: could you pass the dash re configurations on to me 2 plzzzzz

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Scott, PM sent! You won't know how bloody easy it is, once you know what to do and what to modify.