Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pod filters

O

oshe

are pod filters any good for a vt?. will it effect rego in any way?

R

RKZ234

1. Yes they are good. Better throttle response, more power, better economy.

2. Where are you?

In Vic they are legal. I've confirmed this with Vic Roads and the EPA.
In NSW, they screw you around and make you get an Engineers Certificate (costing around $500) for it to be legal. (As if letting more air IN is going create MORE pollution!!)

New number plate slogan, NSW THE OVER-REGULATED STATE!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Are you sure there legal. Remember, every time you rng up, you get a different answer. in the new regs, it states it must be mounted, and in an enclosed box.

Personally, i'd say get the stcok CAI and a KnN panel filter, It'll imporve by more than the pod (did on my VP) and won't bring anymore unwanted attention to your car when the cops ask you to pop the bonnet.
btw, my VP 5L had an increase off 15rwkw with a VS CAI, KnN filter, and a SV90 computer(HSV).

R

RKZ234

Certainly is legal in Vic. I spoke to a Compliance Supervisor at Vic Roads and a Compliance Engineer at the EPA.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
K & N Replacement

Hey Oshe

Get ya self a K & N Panel Filter in the stock air box and SS induction cold air intake. Panel Filters get 2 hot in the Commodore Engine bay there only good for jap cars :rice: he he.....

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The pod by itself in the engine bay will decrease power as it lets in hot air, to do any good you need to box it in & only allow cold air to it.
Cheers Rob

R

RKZ234

I had the S/C V6 car on the same Dyno, same day, 20 mins changeover time from original setup to pod.

Power increased 12kw.

Even if there was no power increase, the fuel economy improvement was HUGE. We went from over 14lt/100 km to under 10 on a set trip we do regularly.

I have since designed and fitted a large box type enclosure (to avoid ingesting hot air) with approx 3 times the volume of the original air box, with the only open end at the back of the headlight.

POD FILTERS DO WORK ON A VX COMMODORE. THEY INCREASE POWER, IMPROVE DRIVEABILITY AND DECREASE FUEL CONSUMPTION.

My pod paid for itself in fuel savings alone in well under 10,000km and the car was much to nicer drive too.