Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice For Buying A Vt

T

turbulence

Hello All.

Sorry if this question has already been asked before

I have a bomby 92 Camry Wagon, and when I say bomby, I mean it.
This thing has more rust than a 70's farm house. Engine has been replaced and then overhauled. It runs like a pig and yeah, you get the picture!

I've decided to trade her in and get a VT.

I want to get something between the years of 98-99, as my budget only allows up to about $16 000 max.
A coloured one would be good
Series 1 or 2?? No idea on this
Automatic

Etc.

My question, does anyone have any useful advise to keep in mind when buying one of these?

Cheers.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
VTs a great cars, if you can get a series 2 as they fixed quite a few little problems that came from the new design, shape and size!

You should be able to get a series 2 Exec for roughly the price your looking at, and its a good model if your after reliablity and practicticality. If you can afford a little extra, go for the Acclaim with the extra safety features.
Ie, more airbags, abs, traction control etc.

Get the car checked over by a RACV/Q (enter your state) and when you take it for a test drive make sure it drives predictably, comfortably and it goes well.

The drivelines in these cars are pretty much bulletproof which makes shopping a lot easier.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
If teh A/c does not work or requires a "re-gas" avoid the thing like a Ford. It could cost you around $1000 to fix it, main problem is the compressor, they laek and can just stop pumping.

Watch out for rattles and make sure the front bumper bar is attached correctly.

Hope this helps...Guy

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
P.s. Give you $50 for the camry. Got to have some good parts for the wifes POS.

LOL.

Guy

G

Grantis1976

As much as it hurts me to say this, avoid the first of any new run like the plauge.

Get a VS series 2, and you'll be much happier

Good Luck !!!

vxexec350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder/VX Exec LS1/VN Berlina 5.0
Check the tyres for uneven wear. My VX had uneven wear before I bought it so I said that I would only buy it if they put new tyres on it and a rear camber kit...they did. I have had no uneven tyre wear issues in the 30,000km I have done in it since.

D

dragrat

Have it independantly checked through RACQ or State equivelent, be thorough with Warranty clauses.. shop around. I got burnt badly not by the VT but the trader & assoc.

But they are Holdens so has to be a good car... good luck.

Make sure you love your new VT

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Turbulence:

I got the VT acclaim - nice ride. If you can afford it, get one

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
get a manual, autos are a pain in the arse when the soleniods play up.... manual are more fun ne ways

S

speedfreak

why buy a VS when you can have a VT ?????mate get your VT you wont look back but one thing go with the serries 2 but