Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing

R

Roh

Hi all,

I recently bought a Series 1 VX with only 42,000km on the clock. Now that I'm not required to service the car at Holden for warranty purposes, do you guys think it's worth doing the minor services myself (oil/filter/coolant replacements etc) and saving the money, or do you reckon it's worth paying for these services for the stamps in the book for when it comes time to sell? I hate paying for things like this when it's so easy to do myself for a fraction of the price. Thoughts?

C

chrissue

Do it

Having sold cars both with an without a service history the stamps in book make little difference.
Most dealers will service the car when they get it move it to another yard and stamp the book so they can sell as full service history.
If your competent do it your self that way you choose the best oil and the best possible bits and save the money.
I was recently quoted 205 dollars for a 900000 service for oil collant flters and a check up. needless to say i did it myself for 70

chippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive 3.8l s1, vs s ute 5.0l s3
I do all my own servicing myself and have saved a lot of money but i know someone who can stamp my book as i do the service. If you know someone to stamp your book for you if not maybe you can ask a repair shop to stamp it for you

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I don't think the servicing stamps have much value. If it was my car I would be performing the whole 40,000km service - oil, oil filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, clutch fluid (if manual), radiator coolant, spark plugs etc. You will need a special tool disconnect the quick release fittings on the fuel filter. Available from Repco for around $20. You may have to modify it slightly by cutting about 5mm off the end to get it to fit properly on the quick release fitting. Sent me a PM if you want more information.