Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jims VT

GEMLUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hey Guys, sort of newbie to the site, been lerking around for a while but not posting much, ive come from a background of geminis as youve probably noticed by the username. My Gemini was written off about a year ago and when it came to buying a new car, I had to go with something a little more suited to my job at the time. So i found this on eBay and it has done alright but have spent a fair amount on it in new parts but am finally getting there.. i took it to the strip too and results and slip are below. let me know how you think i went at the strip.. was just planning to have a bit of fun rip a few good skids(legally :) ) and if i ran a 17 id be happy. had a mad day!

Name: James
Model: VT Exec Series 1
Year: 1998
Body: Sedan
Color: White
Engine: Ecotec, pretty well stock except for: hi-flow panel filter & second intake hole
Exhaust: stock
Brakes: Newer Master cylinder as old one failed :S, front drilled & Slotted rotors and Bendix Pads. need to reco my rear calipers still.
Transmission: 4 speed auto, Stage 2 Shift kit by MPS (chirps 2nd hard)
Wheels: 15" interceptors w/ chrome trims and centre caps
Suspension: King springs F: Lowww(unknown spring) R: King Springs SL
Interior Mods: Berlina interior, white cluster surround, JVC headunit, 6 inch pioneer front door speakers, 6x9 pioneer rears, stock tweeters
Diff: M78 Tightly Shimmed LSD 3.89 gears

To-Do List:
- New shocks all round
- 2800rpm stally
- PWR trans cooler
- Full Exhaust
- Stage 2 cam or high ratio rockers (maybe)
- Update sounds system (Sub, 4 channel amp)

Power: Unknown (id say 90rwkw ish)

1/4 time: 16.60 @ 81.46 at Heathcote Raceway. VIC (Stripped of back seats and everything in boot, on street tyres)

Photos:

Stupid heater core!

Had a few different heights as i bought the car on SSLs and was way too lowwww.... and got defected

Then the strip:

Last edited: