Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering audio controls

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
until recently in vy ute s2 the steering audio controls started playing up, when you press volume up button the radio would mute, and volume down button the radio would turn up

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
if you have the knowhow maybe pull it off and have a look at the wires/clean the connections etc.
Otherwise nfi, see holden :p

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
This is apparently a common problem. Do a search in other threads - it has been discussed there, and basically narrowed down to things like heat stress, etc - can't exactly recall. I had mine replaced, and have worked perfectly ever since. My advice? Take it in to the dealer, get them to fix it (under warranty if you still have it), then buy a sunshade!

Degeko

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Calais 5.0L, MY12 VE SV6
ive found that my bottons on the radio and climate control get a bit sticky when the car has been in the heat

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Common warranty issue.

Don't touch it. It is a common warranty issue in which they replace the buttons to cure the problem. I had the same problem and the new buttons actually have a softer action when pressed. No problems since.