Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Clubsport Dual Exhuast System

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
G'Day,
Im looking at getting a dual exhuast system fitted on a VY Clubsport, my only problem is the fuel tank getting in the way...Im wondering if ne1 else out there has had the fuel tank modified to allow more room for the exhuast pipes to be installed sooo they arent too close to the tank...Or if you know someone in the trade that would be able to accomplish sucha task...it appears that both plastic and steel welding would be ivoled with a remoulding/restructuring of the fuel tank to compensate for the new exhuast system...please get back to me with your ideas, experiences and contacts

PETE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
wait until the new VE comes out. and then buy a VE fuel tank. The VE fuel tank will be moulded to fit dual exhaust. ;)

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
holdensupporter2005 said:
wait until the new VE comes out. and then buy a VE fuel tank. The VE fuel tank will be moulded to fit dual exhaust. ;)

The VE fuel tank is apparently going to be ahead of the diff, so no, this approach wont work. I've only seen dual outlets on an older Monaro (with the tank below the boot), but didn't see how it was done. It's not going to be an easy job no matter what apporach you end up taking.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
seen a ute with dual pipes, but well, you could mount the tank much easier in a ute.

Maybe call a few exhaust places?

02VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
VE fuel tank

I heard the VE fuel tank is going behind the rear seats like the CV8Z monaro's. This will mean that a duel exhaust would be able to go in.

M

MICKS8

I think it would be a major thing to change without certification. That is even if it fits. Serious defect potential.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
02VYSS said:
I heard the VE fuel tank is going behind the rear seats like the CV8Z monaro's. This will mean that a duel exhaust would be able to go in.

Correct.. looks like the SS will have dual exhaust, dual tip.. (4 tips total, 2 each side).. looks pretty schmick.