Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost Gauge

Piratepete

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged vy calais
Hey guys, i have bought myself a supercharged vy calais and i am trying to find where to connect up a boost T so i can run boost gauge. ive tried a few different hoses, but hey all seem to be in vacume even when engine is boosting. any help would be great, and maybe a pic :)

Thanks guys

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
dunno alot about superchargers but wouldn't most of the vacuum hoses also be boost ?? i know on a turbo car you can attach a boost gauge to almost any vacuum line.

Best bet would be your vacuum line off you fuel pressure reg as that has to run boost to get the pressure to change. (not sure about the end of that sentence)

Piratepete

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged vy calais
Thanks for that mate. That was er help full web site. Cheers

VYS6

Standard- For now...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack V6 S/C
Best place to run the factory supercharged gauge from is the LIM (lower intake manifold) there is a rubber grommet over a single ridged nipple that if im not mistaken was ment for hooking up a boost gauge or a remote map sensor. It will give you the actual pressure in the intake as opposed to a vaccum line running off the bypass valve which may read high. The black grommet is ont eh front of the lim just under the pulley for the supercharger.

Thats where i run mine and now that the plastic hosing has hardened slight it shows around 5psi at WOT above 3grand. just need to make myself a pulley puller to get my 10psi pulley on now :p

XXFR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY, S supercharged 2003
Best place to run the factory supercharged gauge from is the LIM (lower intake manifold) there is a rubber grommet over a single ridged nipple that if im not mistaken was ment for hooking up a boost gauge or a remote map sensor. It will give you the actual pressure in the intake as opposed to a vaccum line running off the bypass valve which may read high. The black grommet is ont eh front of the lim just under the pulley for the supercharger.

Thats where i run mine and now that the plastic hosing has hardened slight it shows around 5psi at WOT above 3grand. just need to make myself a pulley puller to get my 10psi pulley on now :p

Yep, thats where I'm running mine from. Runs perfect. I even did a custom gauge pod for my car since the original were way to expensive and didn't look as good.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,325

VYS6

Standard- For now...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack V6 S/C
Nice Custom job XXFR. Mind telling me what you used to mould the cup etc? Ive just got mine in the corner of the dash attached to a adhesive pad atm but its pretty noticable. had a cop pull me over for a bretho and he never said anything at all. but would rather it be secured so it doesnt get flogged or anything