Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control

Reaction score
Hi all,

in the VZ, which models have the traction control switch?

thanks

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
My VZ is an Acclaim & has traction control..

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
why post in vy section lol

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Acclaim
SV6
SVZ
SS
SSZ
Lumina
Berlina
Calais
Statesman
Caprice

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can anyone shed some light to what traction control actually does.
Off the mark & in the wet of course,if the traction control is on or off my car still goes side ways. I chased up Holden today to check if it's working & they are saying I don't have stability control to stop from going side ways, I only traction control which apparently cuts off power to the rear wheels.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
I still get my car sideways in the wet, i try not to. It reduces power the wheel that doesn't have traction & applies it to the one that does.
What i found if i was to turn left or right out of a street & gave it some stick, i can feel the back end step out but also feel the car lurch abit aswell & the whole car would become strait again.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
I still get my car sideways in the wet, i try not to. It reduces power the wheel that doesn't have traction & applies it to the one that does.
What i found if i was to turn left or right out of a street & gave it some stick, i can feel the back end step out but also feel the car lurch abit aswell & the whole car would become strait again.

Cheers Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Mate of mine whos got a parliament house Berlina always turns his traction control off. Says he gets a smoother ride from it as the control kicks in too soon, even before the wheels start spinning. I sometimes take mine off and I do notice a little better acceleration.

I thought all VY's have T/C... I might be wrong yet I thought it was across the board.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
I find traction control in the wet a godsend. my vy berlina starts spinning it up when i give it moderate acceleration when wet, traction control cuts out the power going to the wheels.

During the dry times, its annoying when merging with heavy traffic from a standstill, you give it some stick and the power cuts out. by the time u get going again, theres a car doing 70km/h up ur tail