Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '05 VZ Exec/My first car

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hey all,
from Perth so anyone from Perth or W.A who can point me in the right direction for good places to get some of my future installs would be much appreciated. As the title says this is my first car, hope you all enjoy.
will be moving into a new car once the house is complete, hopefully same time the vf is released, would love to keep this and have it as the next project after the impala, have a source in america for a twin turbod ls7...one day

Name: Amos
Model: 2005 VZ Executive
Color: Barbados Blue
Engine Type: 3.6 Litre Alloytec
Power: unknown for time being
Gearbox: 4 Speed Auto
Cost: 10 000
mods cost to date: around 5K

Performance Mods:

Exterior Mods:
Lowered on King Spring SSSL rears and SSL fronts with GT Monroe Sport Shocks
Debadged and tint, wouldn't really call em mods but eh

Interior/Sound System Mods:
Kenwood KAC-9105D amp
2x 2011 Pioneer Champion Series 12' in custom made box to suit
Pioneer AVH P3350BT touch screen dvd/cd player
Footwell lighting and a phreddy style dash light conversion by ant

Future mods:
new speakers all round
back of head rest dvd players
brake upgrade
Calais Boot Trim
calais brake lights
20" rims, likely Lexani LSS-5
Leather re-trim
mafless tune

img5421p.jpg
img5423bl.jpg

img5841j.jpg
img5839by.jpg

Last edited:

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
update:
sound system has gone in, 2 pionner 12' 2011 champion series subs in a custom built box with a kenwood amp and pioneer dvd/cd player. and yes it is rather rattley haha sound deadening is deffinately next on the list with the speakers.

ignore the ghetto built in gps getting rid of that soon for the pionner head unit one
img5424d.jpg

duno what the green p's doing up as im only on my reds, dipshit mates i guess
img5427za.jpg

img5428k.jpg

imagepmt.jpg

just me or does it look like the box added a fair bit of wait to the back? cant wait for the ssl's
img5422ob.jpg

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
update:
Phreddy stye ASR audio lighting done by Ant in Perth
The pics and video really don't do the lighting any justice but it gives you a general idea of how good it looks
Got blue to red morphing needles with white screen, orange/yellow indicators dash lights and white high beam dash light. Blue key ring, blue lights switches, blue mode/set buttons, blue a/c controls with white for demist and aircon little buttons, blue gear and windows.

video
YouTube - VZ Commodore Phreddy Style Dash Lights

dash
img5432h.jpg

front footwells
img5436s.jpg

rear footwells
img5437io.jpg

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
*update*
Car got hit while it was parked on the street near the shops, no note left, front bumper completely ####ed, will either be going a VZ GTZ body kit all round or just the exec front bumper, not sure yet as im thinking of looking for a WL-WM Grange later this year, will post pics of the damage soon

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Keep it as an executive. If you were going all out with the car performance wise, to match the body kit then go for it. But cause you might look for another car later I wouldn't
Sucks about the damage. Ask some shopkeepers in the area if they have any surveillance cameras.

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah i've decided that now cause a lot of the shops are trying to offer me HSV kits and i really dont wanna turn it into something it's not especially when it is only a 6. i am starting to think about an ls3 in it though just for kicks. yeah i went back and had an ask around and nothing that covers the area my car was in :( sucks because i just got my door repaired from someone side swiping me
Keep it as an executive. If you were going all out with the car performance wise, to match the body kit then go for it. But cause you might look for another car later I wouldn't
Sucks about the damage. Ask some shopkeepers in the area if they have any surveillance cameras.

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Looks good, except for the bumper probably :( Dash lighting makes a difference huh? Ant is an awesome guy, he did my stereo and lighting :)

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Looks good, except for the bumper probably :( Dash lighting makes a difference huh? Ant is an awesome guy, he did my stereo and lighting :)

cheers man :), yeahh so keen to get it fixed but thanks to a pay #### up im pretty much the exact price of a replacement short this pay so gonna have to hold out even longer. yeah the lighting makes an amazing difference love it and Ant is an awesome dude real easy to get on with, ive had problems with some power going through for the lights and all that but pretty sure thats because of the massive strain the new subs are putting on the battery time for a second one i think haha

Looks good - minus the front bumper! Haha. You'll always get dicks man.

cheers mate, yeah i was so pissed wonder how much having red p's in the window helped the desicion to just drive off

amos_executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
so looks like im loosing my license for 3 months, will give me time to do the bumper repair and save up for lowering it and dumping it on some 20's so maybe not a completely bad thing
plan on posting pics of the bumper damage tonight