Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh's 2003 VY-II SS Sedan 6sp

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
ok so this is my 3rd commodore. iv gone from a 2001 vu-II ecotec to a 2005 vz sv6 and now this :D

where to start?

name - Josh
age - 22
car - 2003 VY-II SS
kms - 147,000
transmision - 6 speed manual
colour - Metalic black
Diff - 3:46:1

mods when purchased - 5 or 10% tint, 19" rims, new tyres, duel 2.5inch sports catback (no rear muffler... not droney like i was expecting)

mods iv done so far are:
- MSD ignition leads
- White LED parkers for headlights and rear number plates
- Smoked LED tail lights
- Cut my own reflectors out for the rear bar n tinted em
- K&N pannel filter

decided i didnt like the turtle shell engine cover so i removed that n its brackets for it to tidy up the enginebay.

ok iv got a few things sitting in my garage waiting to be installed tomorrow at my mechanic mates place, or in the future. these items are...
NGK Iridium spark plaugs, nolathane top strut mount bearings/bushes, king springs (front low's - Rear Super low's) DBA 2000 series slotted rotors front n back, Bendix ultimate pads front n back, new A/C belt.

going to need to get the rear guards rolled soon probly to let the rims fit properly.

need the tint on the front windows removed n replaced with like 20% not 5%, cant see at night!

got big plans for the engine in the future. just slowly working out prices n what kinda things ill need for what before i start throwing the money at it haha.

some pics:
blkvy2.jpg

blkvy.jpg

Last edited:

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Nice one mate, reminds me of my old SS before I rode it off.

Black is a bitch to keep clean, but once you know how to clean it properly it comes up very nice. I recommend don't get the Bendix Ultimates, had them on mine with slotted rotors and they are really noisy around town.

Good luck with future mods.

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
yeh i hada black vu ute last year, always dirty... this is no better haha! dosnt help my girlfriend lives off a dirt road!!!

they dont seem too bad as of yet. they have roughly 1000kms on em. i wore them in on my old sv6 n took em off to put on this car before i sold the sv6 :D sneaky sneaky!

i'd like to get a billet fuel rail, larger TB, (maybe injectors) n alloy OTR with maffless tune soon, accompanied by some tri-Y headers n the ceramic hiflow cats i took off my old sv6 ( have about 2000kms on em ;D)

few bits n bobs n touch up things.

iv been considering a cam, springs, lifters, rockers, rods n such... but it'd end up costing me close to 3000$ for it all installed (i'd be helping install it all with my mate) then add the cost of a maffless tune+otr n headers n cats to be installed n i'd be well into 5.5-6K... then the clutch would probly stuff up so id be looking at another 2.5-3k... to much money!

think im going to just do headers, cats, otr, maffless tune, n possibly 92mm TB with billet fuel rails n call it a day. hopefully done by the end of the year

Last edited: