Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' Vespers Blue VZ Alloytec

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Model: 2005 VZ Sedan
Colour: Vespers Blue
ODO: 65,xxx
Transmission: 4spd Auto
Engine: V6 Alloytec

Mods:

Strut Brace
19' BSA Alloys, Achilles ATR's
Front 19x8" 235/35/19
Rear 19x8.5" 245/35/19
HSV LSD Diff 3.46:1
2.25" Twin xforce exhaust system
Lowered SSL's
MACE Plenum Insulators
VZ SS Sports seats

Future Mods:

Cosmetics:

Blue Led Dash Conversion
Lvl 3 Cluster
Calais Bodykit
HBD Lip Kit
Senator Lip

Performance:
Pacemaker Extractors
Pacemaker Hi-Flo Cats
MACE Cam Package
Raptor Supercharger
Big Brake Upgrade

Vehicle History: I brought my first VZ when I turned 18yo. Had it for quite a while but didnt do a whole lot to it. About a year ago I aquaplaned into a tree and damaged the front end. The insurance company found a way not to pay up so I was stuck with a damaged car. After getting a few quotes for repairs it was gonna cost around the $7k mark to fix so it sat on the back burner for a while. Recently found an almost immaculate VZ with 200,000ks in it same model as mine with blown head gaskets for $3k so i decided to splash out and buy it. As my original running gear has only 48,000ks on it and never missed a beat I decided to swap it all over. And thats where I am now.

Original VZ the day I brought it home as stock as it was from factory.
attachment.php

How it looked before crash. All the interior and engine was painted by myself.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So now some pics of my New VZ

The day i brought it home
attachment.php

Gave it a good clean
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Took me only 4 hours to completely remove engine and gearbox with no power tools and did it alone.
attachment.php

Empty engine bay cleaned up
attachment.php

attachment.php

Now ready to remove engine and box from my old VZ
attachment.php

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So the engine is all in now and runs beautifully, Now just gotta put the bumpers and interior back together and then take her for rego next week :)

Since I got the vehicle with part of the engine already pulled apart there was a bunch of engine bits in the boot that i didnt really bother to have a good look at. After cleaning it all out yesterday i found an OTR intake sitting in the boot. Thats one thing i can cross off my future mods list :)

attachment.php

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit of an update

Car is now assembled and almost ready for rego. Only Issue I got now is that its in 'Safety Mode' so i gonna find some money to get that sorted.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes that is an old shovel handle holding the bonnet up. Only temporary till my new bonnet struts arrive lol.
attachment.php

I also cleaned up my 'workshop' area and i liked how it looked so threw this in too lol
attachment.php

Hope you guys like it so far. Mods will start happening as soon as rego is done.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Go anymore info on the otr mate? Tbh it doesn't look that efficient but I'm interested in who makes it none the less.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go anymore info on the otr mate? Tbh it doesn't look that efficient but I'm interested in who makes it none the less.

Na i dont sorry mate. It came with the car. As far as i can tell the brand is BPE but cant find anything, guess it doesnt exist anymore lol. It is definately a cheaply made OTR but it does its job just the same. Will do for now till i can afford a better one.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a small update. Havent had the money for rego yet so just been doing a few little things.

Managed to score a full set of Calais chrome window surrounds for $60. Small dent in it but barely even noticeable.
attachment.php

Also did some quick polishing. Needs more time put into it but it came up alright.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also scored a brand new unpainted Calais rear bumper for $50 and started painting engine covers, not finished tho so no pics yet.

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got it on the road and registrated. Mods will start happening now.

Upgraded my headlights from the crappy yellow ones.
attachment.php

Also managed to score a full set of 19x8" wheels for $400. Got a little gutter rash but still a good deal.
attachment.php

Trying to decide weather to leave them as they are or sand them back and get them powder coated Satin Black. Opinions?

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
So i finally finished painting the engine covers. Didnt turn out as good as i had hoped and need to be done again but for now it will do.
attachment.php

Question.. Should i keep going with this or just stop posting? Doesnt seem to be any interest in it. I feel like im wasting my time..