Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

misfire detected

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
hey guys...

been having a little issue in the last week and a bit, when giving my car a bit of stick in the 4000+rpm

A P0303 code means that the the car's computer has detected that one of the engine's cylinders is not firing properly. In this case it's cylinder #3.

so fitted new coils and new plugs to all cylinders but issue remains...

when the engine misfires it logges the code, engine light etc and if i pull the plug on every coil pack one at a time one, only clyinder3 doesnt change the idle, all the other coils when unplugged almost kills the engine...
however when i turn the car off and back on the fault is gone and car idles and drives fine...

im thinking either ecu fault or injectors... from what i understand there is no dfi module its controlled from the ecu

is there a way to test a faulty injector under load?

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
if you had an injector flow bench you could there great tools but not for most ppl as the $$$ factor comes into the equasion

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
swap the injector with cylinder 6, then see if it mucks up when u pull out no. 3 again. then check no. 6. prob the easiest way to check it :)

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
pulled out all the injectors and took them to the workshop for cleaning/testing and no good...

on matt stockers testing station testing at 7000rpm for 20 seconds, 1 flowed 120ml, 3 flowed 100ml, 1 flowed 96ml, 1 flowed 90ml...

so got in touch with the injector supplier Powerflow Performance (they arent injectors found in an australian vehicle) and sending them down there for inspection and cleaning and possible replacement...

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
thats interesting to know..... my first suspicion would of been a vaccume leak but true injectors are shot....... very interesting.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
wow... i hope that's not a common fault...
Are they easy to replace?

svz2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz svz ute
impulse sv6 that seems to be the same problem im having atm.
could you keep me updated as to what it might be?
took it to holden and all the computer spat out was that it had backfired a couple of times. they put it down to bad fuel but it continuously happens. especially when cold.
i get a drivetrain error on screen which is gone after i turn the car off and on again.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
parts supplied today and fitted in around 45 mins...
all good... car running fine again and no warning lights...

there is a difference between injector cleaning methods ive found... the newer machines are better than the older ones, and generally when you pay more you get better results as ive found...

expect to pay $35 per injector for the proper clean