Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Vehicle Soon Warning

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Hi All,
I hope someone might be able to offer some help in realtion to a problem that I have with my New VZ Calais.

I own a 5.7 Litre V8 VZ Calais. When I go to turn the car on the SVS (Service Vehicle Soon) Warning beeps and then disapears. The funny thing is that it does not do it every time the car starts. Maybe once every now and then. It comes on and beeps just after turning the car over and then disapears. I have had the car back at Holden for a software upgrade that they believe will take the problem away. I picked the car up today and it was gone. However this afternoon I went to start the car and it was back again.

I will have to call Holden on Monday again to let them know. But I was wondering if anyone else has seen this before or knows something about it.

Thanks

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
wen my car was approachin the 15oookm mark it did it everytime. but it never did it on a irregular bases. the way it reset the fault code is holdin down mode and set wen startin the car so maybe try that????

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
there are no software updates to fix the svs warning, if it is the engine oil warning then there are updates & as already explained you can reset it yourself
if it is the svs warning there will be a trouble code logged
Rob

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
in my experience i find that particular warning comes up in a engine stall - manual trans in my case. Then theres the more familiar service interval warnings! id say if your driving an auto and u get the SVS warning id seek advise directly from holden cause there may be more to the warning.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the advice guys. I just called my local Holden dealer again and spoke to the service manager who wants me to come back inn and they are going to pop the Tech 2 computer machine on the car again and do further tests. Im going to stick around this time and watch and just hope that it pops up when it on that machine so they can find out why its doing it.

Its so annoying not knowing what it is and why it is doing it. He said he was even going to call Holden directly and see if they have any news on it.

If anyone else has seen or heard of my problem please spread some light if you can.

Thanks

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
my car has done this before if you stall it twice in a row, and you have to shut the ignition right off before it will start .... anyways, the last time it did it was last friday, i had the car parked at a mates place and listening to the stereo, i then turn the ignition to the on position and the SVS flashes up .... turned the key off then back to the on position, same thing, so i had a look in the commodore manual, and it says SVS is a engine management system fault, i assumed something like an o2 sensor reading wrong or something like that.

when i turned the car off again and then started it i haven't seen it since ....

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Sammy said:
my car has done this before if you stall it twice in a row, and you have to shut the ignition right off before it will start .... anyways, the last time it did it was last friday, i had the car parked at a mates place and listening to the stereo, i then turn the ignition to the on position and the SVS flashes up .... turned the key off then back to the on position, same thing, so i had a look in the commodore manual, and it says SVS is a engine management system fault, i assumed something like an o2 sensor reading wrong or something like that.

when i turned the car off again and then started it i haven't seen it since ....

yeah mine only comes up when you stall it twice, never irregularly.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys for the information. Being an Auto I dont know why its doing it and its sure confussing the staff at my local Holden dealership. I gotta go back on Friday and they want to pop the Tech 2 computer on the car again and want me to drive around and see if it comes up again. Its just annoying as it does not do it all the time and whenever its over at Holden it never seems to want to appear!