Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Headlight

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
I have just bought a VZ Berlina that was an ex Telstra car.
I have the little sticker under the instrument cluster on the right hand side saying "Headlights on with ignition on feature.
So basically the headlights are on all the time, even with the switch in the off position. Does anyone know how to turn the feature off. Thanks

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Headlights on all the time are a GREAT safety feature. As for removal of this feature, you could try looking behind the light switch. They used to install a small wiring harness in place of the original. I understand that if you remove the aftermarket it's just a matter of re-installing the original (which should still be present). Good luck.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I dont want to dig up an on thread so I'll ask here ...

does anyone know if its a true daylight running light where it dims the low beam to about 50% to 75% of full power to conserve the globes life, or does it just force the low beam on in the off position as if it was switched on?

Ive always wanted to know this and never been able to work it out when looking at Telstra cars ...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I dont want to dig up an on thread so I'll ask here ...

does anyone know if its a true daylight running light where it dims the low beam to about 50% to 75% of full power to conserve the globes life, or does it just force the low beam on in the off position as if it was switched on?

Ive always wanted to know this and never been able to work it out when looking at Telstra cars ...

running without full power will reduce life of the bulbs

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Lights on during daylight is a great safety feature, even better for motorcycles. Yes I guess that by using the lights the bulbs will eventually wear out. Then so will brakes, tyres, credit card balance and even life itself. It's all relative.