Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sv6 " No Traction Control Button"

Rhodzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My VZ Sv6 does not have a button to turn off the traction control and im 99% sure it has TC. does anyone know anything on the topic

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
id suggest lifting up the centre console to see if theres a plug lying underneath as it should be just behind the power windows switch, if its there buy the button and cut out the normal hole for it. i imagine someone bought a new centre console and didnt install the button.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
someone else bouight a sv6 without traction control from auction. was some sort of police car. does it have the tempest grey dash and cd player or black??

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Naf33n!

I've heard that certian ex-cop models don't have the TC button - and I think the TC is disabled in these, but I could be wrong. As Naf suggested though, if the console facings and stereo front are black (rather than dark grey) then it will be an ex-cop car.

The other possibility is that it was a company car of some kind, and the TC switch was removed so it couldn't be switched off! ;)

Cheerz!

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
how are you 99% sure
put your foot down and make it spin if the accelerator peddle gets pushed back up it has TC
as said X cop cars have TC disabled

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hiya GMMAD. Your theory is fine with V8s, but the TC in the V6s (the Alloytecs at least)doesn't do the "pedal bounce" thing. However, one can soon see if traction control is active - try to induce wheelspin, and the head-up display in the instrument cluster will flash up "Low Traction". If it doesn't, then the TC is disabled. (in which case it'll be an ex-cop vehicle)

Cheerz!

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hiya GMMAD. Your theory is fine with V8s, but the TC in the V6s (the Alloytecs at least)doesn't do the "pedal bounce" thing.

Cheerz!
well that stuffed my theory

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Was a good suggestion though! ;)

To be honest, I've never felt that pedal bounce thing - must be pretty unnerving... One of my mates with a VY SS told me it scared the crap out of him when it happened! (he wasn't aware that they did that)

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a good suggestion though! ;)

To be honest, I've never felt that pedal bounce thing - must be pretty unnerving... One of my mates with a VY SS told me it scared the crap out of him when it happened! (he wasn't aware that they did that)
i thought all TC would have been the same that is why i suggested it ,but i have never driven a sv6
its annoying more then anything i always turn it off when i get in

rhodzy6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Black dash

someone else bouight a sv6 without traction control from auction. was some sort of police car. does it have the tempest grey dash and cd player or black??

It has a black dash and cd player