Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 service vehicle soon 8000Ks after service/repairs

Cyaegha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
had some trouble with my ride a little while ago. Had an O2 sensor replaced, ignition coil replaced, z bar bushes replaced, rear shocks. Got the 105,000 service at the same time. That was a nice bill.

Anyway, Yesterday I started getting a service vehicle soon warning as I'm driving along. Some times it will come up a couple of times in a trip. I tried the reset service reminders thing and it said that there are no items or whatever it says, then goes on to tell me to service vehicle soon.

The car has been running well over the past few weeks, fuel consumption has been reasonable considering I've been in PWR mode and generally give it a bit on takeoff.

I read a couple of similar threads where it was diagnosed as a software glitch. Does anyone know how to clear it? If I can clear it and it happens again, I'll definately take it in. But for now, I really don't have the time

Cyaegha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
oops, made a mistake. It's only 3000Ks after service.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The SVS warning indicates a non emission related trouble code is logged, nothing to do with the servicing of the car

Cyaegha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
So what do I do about it other than take it to my service dept?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
unless you have a compatible diagnostic tool, theres nothing you can do.
i wouldnt mindbetting the oil pressure sensor has failed, it is the most common cause lately

Rob