Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash cover change to bin/storage compartment

delica06

Reaction score

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
The cover just lifts off - 2 clips front, 2 tabs at the rear. Stick a small screwdriver into the panel gap and lever the front up.

I seem to recall the bin requires more clearance than the non-climate control models have, so you would need to make some modifications (ie hack up your dash) to fit the bin in.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
You got it klaw - the plastic mouldings are quite a bit different when you look at them closely.

Good luck with it though delica - a worthwhile mod if you can make it work! :thumbsup:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
the bin is also slightly smaller at the rear so there will be a gap between the dash and bin

yes you need to cut what appears to be a support panel under the plate

there is no mounting points for the mounting tabs

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Good info Matt - thanks! :thumbsup:

Seeing you Saturday?? :D

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
haha I thought I sent you a PM Greg, yeh you'll see me Saturday same time (around 9ish)

I was typing that on a laptop which is a bit dodgey thus the quick reply, but basically yeh Ive tried to fit it to my car several times, at the end of the day it's just going to be too difficult because it appears Holden have decided that it'd be soo simple to install so lets modify it.

DUK I read somewhere apparantly the VY dash is different again, but I havent played with one so I cant say yay or nay. They all appear to be the same but their different sizes/angles etc

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The dash-top bin only appeared on the VZ with Climate control. If you look at the VY and VZ dash centre panels, they are quite different at the top on the CC models. The basic models have a panel the same as the VY, but the Berlina/Calais have the surround of the centre panel turning over and joining directly above the air con vents, with the bin fitting in behind it. I think you would need to replace the entire centre panel with a VZ CC unit to accommodate the bin.

snoo

Reaction score
Theres bugger all room under the panel on the non climate control vz...
So I've decided I want to hack it up & install a decent gps mount..
Has anyone got a spare vz dash cover in their shed they want to sell/give me ?