Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Service Vehicle Soon warning

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
I did my 105 k service recently with the warning starting at 104 k when i start and stop the car. all good but just the other day i am now getting this service vehicle soon warning every 4 minutes. im on 111 k and my next service is due at 120k. How do i remove this this warning message and why am i getting it at 111 k. any help thanks guys

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
programming fault on holdens behalf, if you have a good dealer they may rectify the problem under warranty - the ecu, bcm and icu needs to be re-flashed with updated software, using the normal service reset will reset it but wont cure the problem

Anfernee0525

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
mine got the same thing.
i tried to hold two arrow buttons and start the engine.
it said no service reset or something.
but it does come on when i start my car.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the SVS message indicates a non emissions related fault, dont get it confused with the "Service Engine Oil" message caused by a programming issue in the engine & instruments.

Rob

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
I had an auto elec mate plug in his computer and he couldnt reset the Service Vehicle Soon warning. He did find in the history codes a oil pressure senser fault. The only thing i can assume is that when i did my recent service i did use mobile 1 oil, which is a thin oil and maybe why the oil pressure sensor fault has come up. My mechanic pointed out to me that because it is in the history codes it needs to be reset and i shouldnt have any more problems because the car isnt sensing that it is a problem anymore. But because the problem occured maybe because of the change in oil pressure after the oil change, im wondering why it has happened because the service vehicle soon warning didnt appear until 2 and half weeks after the service.?? Be interesting if anyone has had this same problem????

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I had an auto elec mate plug in his computer and he couldnt reset the Service Vehicle Soon warning. He did find in the history codes a oil pressure senser fault. The only thing i can assume is that when i did my recent service i did use mobile 1 oil, which is a thin oil and maybe why the oil pressure sensor fault has come up. My mechanic pointed out to me that because it is in the history codes it needs to be reset and i shouldnt have any more problems because the car isnt sensing that it is a problem anymore. But because the problem occured maybe because of the change in oil pressure after the oil change, im wondering why it has happened because the service vehicle soon warning didnt appear until 2 and half weeks after the service.?? Be interesting if anyone has had this same problem????

could be just a random glitch, if it start re-occurring then it could be a problem,

did the leccy tell you how many times the cars been started after the fault was set? most scan tools will pick this up, i assume the vz's do it, earlier ones do

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the Oil Pressure Sensor will fail, its a very common fault

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
My VZ has the service vehicle soon (SVS) on the cluster. The car has done 68,000km and was serviced @ 60,000kms. Could not find any issues under the bonnet - all in order by the look of it.

Tried the hold 2 buttons and then hold the set. It comes up with no items but will not reset. The spanner keeps on flashing at me.:bang:

Is this a take it back to Holdens now that it is 2 weeks out of warranty.:cry:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If serviced at 60k take it back to where the job was done and tell them that they failed to disable the service reminder. They won't have a clue if they did or didn't - at the time.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
If serviced at 60k take it back to where the job was done and tell them that they failed to disable the service reminder. They won't have a clue if they did or didn't - at the time.

The Service Vehicle Soon message IS NOT the service reminder:bang:
it indicates a non emissions related fault

check in the owners manual it has all sorts of information about those messages...