Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control problem VX s pack

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
My T/C button wont disengage, button doesnt seem to be broken and the LED in the dash still shows up when i turn the car on.

any ideas what might be wrong? would realy like to turn this **** off once n a wile.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
so the light constantly stays on(other then when ignition is turned off of course) when it says trac control it is turned off, if you want the trac control light to disappear off the dash you'll be turning it on

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
Does your cruise control still work?

yea still works fine man

and no its not always off, its always on, i cant disengage it via the TC button, i just mean the light comes on when i start the engine so its not a blown LED the TC just wont go off?

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
so what does the light actually say? LOW TRAC or what?

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
just says trac off then it dissapears with the rest of the startup lights, also anutha LED saying LOW TRAC does the same, neither stay on.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
ok, so start ya car.......no LOW TRAC ect lights are on??? if not, that means the traction control is on, if you press the TRAC CONTROL button, what happens?

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
ok, so start ya car.......no LOW TRAC ect lights are on??? if not, that means the traction control is on, if you press the TRAC CONTROL button, what happens?

Yes the the traction control is always on, even when restarting the car the T/C would turn back to on if i was ever able to disengage it in the first place. The button itself does nothing, i could fart and it would be doing the same thing.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
gimme a sec i will upload some pics that i took for you when i first posted here.....BRB

ok so photobucket is bein a turd again. ok if the TRAC OFF and LOW TRAC lights show when you turn the key to on, i dare say there is a wire lose or something! is it auto or manual??? much easier to get in n see if theres wires ect missin if ya cars auto :D there is an easy way to determine if the button works or not........

Last edited:

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
gimme a sec i will upload some pics that i took for you when i first posted here.....BRB

ok so photobucket is bein a turd again. ok if the TRAC OFF and LOW TRAC lights show when you turn the key to on, i dare say there is a wire lose or something! is it auto or manual??? much easier to get in n see if theres wires ect missin if ya cars auto :D there is an easy way to determine if the button works or not........

yep they both turn on when i start the car... i thought it was a bit funny that none of my friends have seen the LOW TRAC light before, now i know.

its an automatic so yeah... do u or any1 else know what wire is likely to be doing this and where to find it? im guessing i have to remove it all and find it myself... more info would be nice.