Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issue vx

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Hey everyone. Some more issues as per usual. My 2000 VX S has been through a few conversions. Was converted to ls1 then back to eco etc. what I’m having an issue with is that I keep getting up abs light along with engine light and airbag. What I am thinking is that this car didn’t have traction control from factory and that someone has installed a T/C button and they have done the rear brake lines and such for it. But it’s still coming up on my dash as ABS and all that. When I turn on full ignition I get all the other lights except TRAC OFF. So, if this car did come out from factory without T/C. What would be needed to convert it with T/C. Thanks everyone. Sorry about the book worth of writing but I couldn’t describe it better.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey everyone. Some more issues as per usual. My 2000 VX S has been through a few conversions. Was converted to ls1 then back to eco etc. what I’m having an issue with is that I keep getting up abs light along with engine light and airbag. What I am thinking is that this car didn’t have traction control from factory and that someone has installed a T/C button and they have done the rear brake lines and such for it. But it’s still coming up on my dash as ABS and all that. When I turn on full ignition I get all the other lights except TRAC OFF. So, if this car did come out from factory without T/C. What would be needed to convert it with T/C. Thanks everyone. Sorry about the book worth of writing but I couldn’t describe it better.
How many brake line pipes coming from the rear to abs module? 1 pipe no traction control. 2 pipes traction control.
If 4 pipes to module,(2 front 2 rear) the correct module & the dash cluster programmed everything should work.
There should be 2 sensors for the rear & 2 for the front.

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Check the connections for the Hall effect sensors

2 at the rear and 2 at the front

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
How many brake line pipes coming from the rear to abs module? 1 pipe no traction control. 2 pipes traction control.
If 4 pipes to module,(2 front 2 rear) the correct module & the dash cluster programmed everything should work.
There should be 2 sensors for the rear & 2 for the front.
Rear of abs module there is 2 lines. On top there is 4. Still flashes ABS, TRAC etc. it comes on a few minutes after I plug it in. When I tried to scan the car previously, I had to disconnect the abs module otherwise the scan tool wouldn’t connect to the ECU/BCM.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I

can’t see any sensors at the rear on lily 2 sensors at the front
Either side of your diff, next to the toothed ABS reluctor ring

download.jpeg-4.jpg

Reactions: Lex