Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kill switch??? how to and are they worth it

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
hey guys i am wanting to wire up a "kill switch" so that it has to to be turned on before the car can be turned over.. so what ive worked out atm basically what i need. a switch, decent wire, a relay and obviously connections and tape. if i want to put into the ignition is it better t be on the acsessories wire or theone where the engine light ect comes on

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
stick it on the fuel pump relay, igntion relay, starter relay or some other place like that. dont matter as long as the engine dont start. solder the connections as well, that way it will be less likely to fail.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
ohok can anyone pm me a diagram im abit confused on how to tape into a preexsitaning really,,,it it as easy as pulling the really section out of the fuse box or???

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
alos the imobilizer light that red lil %#$%^...I want to swap it out or re run the wires to a blue warning light i got from autobran its alright to do aye

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
alos the imobilizer light that red lil %#$%^...I want to swap it out or re run the wires to a blue warning light i got from autobran its alright to do aye

i dont think that will be possible depending on voltage and current draw of your new light. might blow up the BCM.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
ohok migh leave it then.. my central locking doesnt work by the botton on the driver door so the rest obviously wont either can i get this repaired form hodlen or will a new motor and key coding be needed?? have been looking at central locking kits on the net and im ver interested with one along with my lil switch should be aok lol i like the idea of being able to walk away and press a botton

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
just swap the LED to a blue one, cut off wire up job

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
i changed one in a mates car to a green led was simple as an no dramas with it,, as said about jus cut an solder job

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
definatley worth putting in a killswitch anything to make a car thiefs life harder is worth it.

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
not that hard to do.
one of the things is that fuel pump/ignition pump requires constant power(you have to turn on the switch when you start and leave on. when you turn off your engine, you also have to turn off the switch )

while the starter needs momentary power (just push, when the car starts up, release and forget until you start up again)

there is a method on using a momentary switch for constant power but you need 2 relays and a diode.

doing the starter is the easiest, but you can also run another "back up" kill switch which cuts the fuel and ignition like i did

just PM me if you need extra info