Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kill switch??? how to and are they worth it

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
It may be worth it but as the old saying goes. If a professional Thief wants your car they will get it.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
just run a momentary switch under your seat that is wired in to the gearstick immobiliser (the one that makes it not start in D etc.). 2 wires and a switch, cost me maybe 2 bux for a switch..

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
I had 4 kill switches and 2 alarms on my old VC Brocky.....thieves tried a few times to steal her, and even thou it was a pain in the butt having to turn off all the kill switches and alarms to start the car, it was well worth it in the end to keep my girl. Lucky for me they never burnt it lol.

i definately recommend putting them in, and making sure they are hard to get to and track down.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
It may be worth it but as the old saying goes. If a professional Thief wants your car they will get it.

Sure a professional will get it whatever you do but you wont find it again....professional thief wanting to steal a vr?...not likely...your really trying to stop the scum of this earth with not much between their ears stealing it. ..a few tricks wiring a important part of cars running like neutral safety switch (since its connector is just below the lighter in the console) through the cig lighter and have something that shorts it out that you take out to open circuit it or wire it through a spare set of contacts on the brake switch so you have to have your foot on the brake to start the car.

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
How do you wire up a kill switch one a manual VX SS ? someone provide pictures and info please? i want a easy small switch in the car..