Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Opera Lights?"

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
I think all modern commodores have a fade in and fade in dome light.

Usually in a fairly yellow-ish incandescent bulb

if you've been in a Mercedes you know the light is a very white and it sorta slow fades in and out when you hit the key fob

how hard would it be to change the lot into white leds and say put footwell leds as well also to fade in and out?

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
i know you can buy led bulbs for ya dome in blue and white mate...check autobarn if ya have one near..they can help you out :)
as for footwell lights you'd have to get onto phreddy he's a wizz with that stuff :)

blasto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE "Sport"wagon
I think all modern commodores have a fade in and fade in dome light.

Usually in a fairly yellow-ish incandescent bulb

if you've been in a Mercedes you know the light is a very white and it sorta slow fades in and out when you hit the key fob

how hard would it be to change the lot into white leds and say put footwell leds as well also to fade in and out?

It's not a plug & play situation.

Opera lights work by slowly reducing the voltage applied to the incandescent lamps. You get a nice graduated fade from them.

LEDs don't appreciate having the same thing done to them, as they are semiconductors which require a certain voltage to do anything (unlike lamps which act more like a resistor).

So the answer to how hard? Hard.

You can't just plug in LED chains in place of lamps and have them fade properly. There are some retrofittable units around tho.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
oops my bad..missed the whole fading bit :S