Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level 3 Cluster - Connector Wiring

firstvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina
Hey,

I've got all the parts to convert my VN cluster to a level 3, but need a little clarification on the connector wiring. The cluster I have is from a V6 VP Calais. I have made a table up with all the connector wiring and was wondering if someone could just make sure I'm on the right track. Here is the table, and as you can see, in red are the ones that don't match up.

VN V6 S1 - VP V6 Calais.png

Is this just as simple as changing the wires on connector 1 so that 7, 8, 9 and 10 match up to the VP cluster? Eg. 7 > 10, 8 > 7?

If so, the wire at number 9 on the VP (Press Remote), do I place the REV (11) in that place?

Sorry if that is confusing. You will probably be better off just looking at the table I made up and going from there.

Thanks,
Nathan

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Or you could search because it's been covered a million times. Search for the trippin thread should help.

firstvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina
Or you could search because it's been covered a million times. Search for the trippin thread should help.

I searched a few times (most likely I didn't use the right words) and found a few threads saying its just a matter of swapping over the wires to match the cluster. But I didn't find any relating to the "Press Remote" and whether I just put REV there. I should probably start using site:forums.justcommodores.com.au in google alot more.

I think I found the thread you meant so I'll have a read through there.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/tripin.994

Cheers

FIREHZD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv enhanced vn
I researched this for my vn I have seen an easier diagram somewhere try google it? Seems it would be easy enough if you have the "4th plug" on hand but here in Alice it's near impossible to source one from the wreckers. I found a bloke on eBay who makes the loom with instructions for about 90 bucks was easy as took about 30 mins to hook up I believe his username is polishedpennies hit him up with an email he's real helpful