Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr 5litre wiring question

phantom80

Reaction score
Members Ride
80 series landcruiser
Hi im only new to this site as I am doing an engine coversion. 5ltr with auto into an 80 series landcruiser.

What I want to know is with the conversion o need to get computer adjuster to get tid of security. But I was wondering if I could revert back to the vn wiring harness and distributor to get around this and also would the auto gearbox still work or would I need a stand alone computer for gearbox??

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdPHAYbzRB0

Thats my 304 u need to get the VATS turned off and without the PCM ure trannie is as good as worthless...Get a memcal with the VATS shut off and get ureself something like Abbot Cable X to run ure speedo if it has a cable and it shut be all be good.

Ow and wiring up the 304 is piss easy u need 2 or 3 relays (EFI-FUEL PUMP and if u have run them a relay for the electic fan/fans) i wired it up in a afternoon and it was my first Holden 304 i wired up.

phantom80

Reaction score
Members Ride
80 series landcruiser
Thanks for that I think I may have to start looking for a new memcal. I wont need to worry about the speedo as I have to hook up my transfer case for the 4wd which has a speedo cable in it.

Also is there a way of bypassing the map sensor as I know the earlier models didnt have one. As my car will be forever playing in the dust and mud it would be good to bypass it as it would make it more reliable offroad