Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you wash your car with?

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Hey

Need to clean the exterior of my car just wondering what products everyone uses?

and espically what you use to get bugs of the bonnet and front bar.

Jonesy

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
gerni wash for genereal cleaning
Truck%20Wash.jpg

for polish i usually use some blue cut polish.
41MGBZ8P3AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think its Eagle 'wet look' wash. It's red and comes in a big bottle about 1 litre. It's cheap too , and the cheapest is always the best as they say. There are special products for bug and tar removal but i just use my fingernail.

topzone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY & VU & Triumph TR6
Hey there - had a special lesson on how to detail cars from a guy who Cleaned upmarket cars for around 30 yrs in his own business he had his own tricks for allsorts for different stains and marks - but to cut a long story short, start with mild cleaners (soap and water) and if the dirt wont shift use something stronger till it does - I once saw him soak a badly grease marked seat in petrol followed by a wash with detergent it came up a treat, as for the panelwork - wax and then more wax oh and lots of elbow grease.
You put the polish on you rub the polish off Grasshopper !

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
personally i can't go past turtle wash and wax. for bugs just use your fingernail. i have a vr ute with the black bumpers and for them can't beat tyre shine haha

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
If you have the patience you can use the wet towel method.. soak a towel in fresh water and drape it over your bonnet/bumper.. leave for a while then come back and the bugs just wipe off with a sponge.

For my own cars, I don't even use a soap, just rainwater and a sponge. Wash once a week then wax, the paint stays so smoothe you don't need to scrub at the bugs and spots, they just wipe straight off. Takes a bit of groundwork to get your paint to that stage first though if you have an older car... a Meguiar's clay bar is a great place to start.

Sam