Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you wash your car with?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
mcguires gold class

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Bucket and sponge down at the local car wash, and i use Meguiars Hyper Wash, then chamois it dry.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
I use some blue stuff in a big bottle, Eagle One maybe? I don't know....it's car wash....and it's a car....people tend to go to extremes to keep their car clean. When I was younger I used to obsess about car cleanliness, as you get older you realize there are more important things in life. Sure, a clean car looks nice, but how often can you enjoy time with your kids? Or appreciate a nice afternoon with a loved one?

Get the kids to help wash your car. I remember doing this with my old man when i was youger.

Bucket and sponge down at the local car wash, and i use Meguiars Hyper Wash, then chamois it dry.

we can't use a bucket and sponge at a car wash here in sa, but we can hand wash at home as long as we use a bucket, and then use a bucket to rinse the car.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah alot of them down here won't let you use a bucket and sponge, but lucky for my local area the asian bloke that owns our local car wash is all for recycling and saving water, his car wash takes the water, filters it back through a system he has installed out the back, and re uses most of it.

But no bucket and sponge between 9am and 6pm saturday or sunday. Any other day and time is fine.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Yeah alot of them down here won't let you use a bucket and sponge, but lucky for my local area the asian bloke that owns our local car wash is all for recycling and saving water, his car wash takes the water, filters it back through a system he has installed out the back, and re uses most of it.

But no bucket and sponge between 9am and 6pm saturday or sunday. Any other day and time is fine.

Is that using your own soap or the car washes? Up here with the ones i went to they dont mind you using your own sponge aslong as your spraying their detergent on. lol

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Nope, that's taking my bottle of Meguiars hyper wash, bucket and sponge with me, but you have to pre hose and final hose rinse with their gun. Only costs me $4 all up. $2 to fill up the bucket and pre rinse the car down, then another $2 to rinse it all off with a quick low pressure spot free rinse.

But plenty of people who use those ****ty scrubbing brooms go there and use those, so he doesn't mind if a few blokes come through and only use the hose to pre rinse and rinse.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I usually just use whatever comes out of the carwash, then I dry it off and if I have some free time i'll use my meguires wax, apply it with them dicky little applicators then rub it off with my armourall soft polishing cloth, spraying the applicators and cloth with some water as I go.

It isn't a technical job really, not for a daily driver.