Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

S

StealthCalais

Well boys and girls I finally got some new wheels this morning!! Got some pics on way home for your enjoyment!! I will give the car a clean and try get some good ones tomorrow possibly...

I'm so happy with the look of the car now! Just what I had in mind. Also, I was a bit scared it would be the wrong choice but I was dead wrong! Very suprised with the comfort too... I was expecting the worse, but its still smooth as!

Additionally... I'll have to give credit to the guys at the shop I got these from, because they even painted my calipers and rotor drum things black aswell!! Nice little surprise! Although... I need a wheel alignment now which is a bit crap (seems to be a very slight wobble at 100ks). But ohwell... WHEELS!! YAY :yeah:

Cheers! Hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Oh and btw... they are 19" Black Speedy Cheetah's!

DSC05995.jpg

DSC05996.jpg

DSC05997.jpg

DSC05998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Looks great mate.
Not sure if it's been mentioned or it is something your gonna do soon. But some really dark tint (<10%) would set it off!

S

StealthCalais

Thanks! Yeah darker tint is definately on the books eventually... just a bit sketchy on insurance issues if I had an accident (I hope not!) and get caught with the illegal tint. Though its still in the pipelines thats for sure, just give it some time I think! I was looking at 15% a while back.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
MATE!! about time!!! hahahha looooooks amazin!!! good choice although u shulda went with staggereed size woulld look tougher!! but very nice still!! LUV IT!! Guessing they painted the calipers black? looks nice actually stealthy haha. It was the same wen i got my 19" thought it was gona be rough but still comfy . Well wats next?? aye?? goodwork!!

S

StealthCalais

Haha thanks!! Yeah staggered would be pretty awesome, but ohwell next time I guess.

Yeah I'm going to take the mudflaps off tomorrow I think, see if looks any better. But they are quite useful, saves the paintwork.

As to whats next... I have no idea! I'd love some dark tint, but still unsure about insurance. Personalised plates (black of course!) is another thought I had. Could start working on the stereo too, I'd love to blast the music without distortion!! Have to wait and see!

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 HSV VZ R8 Clubsport M6/LS2
Very nice indeed. Was actualy the exact same car i set out to buy when i went around t all the dealerships. Test drove one and loved it! i just wanted a stylish cruiser with abit of grunt. But by the time i sorted out the approval of a loan there was a clubby there....and then my brain got ticking lol

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks! Yeah darker tint is definately on the books eventually... just a bit sketchy on insurance issues if I had an accident (I hope not!) and get caught with the illegal tint. Though its still in the pipelines thats for sure, just give it some time I think! I was looking at 15% a while back.

Yea 15% would look nice. My mates Statesman has it, but another mate has 5% on his wagon and after seeing it I almost went out and did the same thing. Luckily enough it was a Sunday so the shops were closed. So gave me the chance to think about insurance as well.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Haha thanks!! Yeah staggered would be pretty awesome, but ohwell next time I guess.

Yeah I'm going to take the mudflaps off tomorrow I think, see if looks any better. But they are quite useful, saves the paintwork.

As to whats next... I have no idea! I'd love some dark tint, but still unsure about insurance. Personalised plates (black of course!) is another thought I had. Could start working on the stereo too, I'd love to blast the music without distortion!! Have to wait and see!

Hahahaha they are useful does save the paint too!! but sooooo UGLY!!! ahahaha go 5% i have it n wont look back!!

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Looks absolute pimpin. Love our cars. Your new mags look brilliant. Staggered would be good, but would be a pain when wanting to rotate.

Oh, and the mudflaps may not look the most asthetically pleasing, but Im sticking with mine as they protect the paint, especially for your car with wider tyres now.

Looking Great :)