Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waking up after an operation?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
Hey i am having a minor operation on my knee on friday morning. i never had an operation before. what is it like when you are 'under'? do you dream? whats it like to wake up in recovery?

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
You won't even know what happened. I've had 26 operations on my leg in the last 18months, easy as pie.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
well when i had to go under the guy said coutn to 10, then i saw him pull out a big ass needle after he put the mask on me. i got half way through saying "if you stick me with that ill kill ya"

when you wake up you are a bit sleep and emotional.

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Had my wisdom teeth out in the hospital last year, really messed they were so had to be hospital. I remember the guy saying count back from 10. I think I got to 9, then there was an icepack on my face and a bag of teeth sitting on my chest and I was in recovery. I was high as a kite for the next half an hour...

B

BXHD

i dislocated my shoulder and got knocked out to put it back in..
all i remember was him injecting stuff into the cathader (yes the fat tube!!!!) in my arm and saying "breathe, brea...." and i was gone.. i woke up feeling the best i ever had my whole life, everything was warm and fuzzy and i was really happy and wanted to re-dislocate my shoulder to get the drugs again :S hahaha.. then the pain set in a few hours later :(

you will be fine :)

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
I had all 4 wisdom teeth done as well.

Out like a kite, no dreaming. Just falling asleep doing the counting trick then waking up in recovery.

Just remember to ask for more drugs when they ask you as when the anesthetic wears off youll be wanting them.

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Not that I'm condoning it, but I took my panadiene forte post op with scotch. Knocked me out like a light between doses........

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I love the public health system. After years of waiting for surgery i finally got in as an "out patient". I was told as i had to have general anasthesia i couldn't eat and should avoid drinking commencing the night before. i rocked up the next morning and was waiting around until about mid afternoon before they saw me, my mother who was along with me hassled them and i guess they remembered i was there or wanted to shut my mother up so in i went. Those bloody gowns that have your arse hanging out are comfortable just in case you're wondering. I waited another hour on the bed before they wheeled me into the waiting area where i waited for at least another hour. I was finally wheeled into the operating theatre and was nervous so i thought i would make idle chit chat with one of the nurses, i asked him about the whole counting back form one hundred thing you see in old films. Not true, the drugs they have these days will have you out very quickly. I didn't dream, didn't sense anything, only blackness. I woke not sure what had happened and not knowing where i was. I didn't freak out but very quickly started to feel like crud. I hadn't eaten or drunk anything in twenty four hours, and i haven't experienced a hangover that bad in my life. They sorted me out and waited until the drugs wore off then promptly pushed me out the door. All i can say is if you can go private do so.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
I had surgery which involved a metal bar being put in my chest...

With waking up, it seriously feels like you went to sleep like 5 minutes ago but also like you have had the best, most refreshing sleep ever ha ha.

Although my mum said I woke up, looked around , grunted a few times, slurred a few words and then went back to sleep for about 6 hours.

You won't have many problems if your hooked up to morphine or pills, regarding to having pain, also the morphine can be quiet amusing if you've got your own supply button ha ha

Good luck with your surgery and all, nothing to worry about mate.

Ive got another surgery coming up in September to remove the bar and I'm not scared at all,

I'm just not looking forward to sitting in hospital for another week.. (I have the attention span of a wall nut ha ha) seriously hospital is so boring so make sure you take lots to read and have lots of fun games on your phone etc...

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
when i was a kid i had surgery on an eye, went out like a light, and i remember opening my eyes slightly and heard someone say, he's awake, then i was out again, took awhile till i could keep my eyes open.I felt abit sick afterwards though