Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waking up after an operation?

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
well i forgot to say what happened to me....i was woken up and felt like a zombie. they sent me home after an HOUR, and i had to try to hold back from spewing the whole way home. when i got home i hit the sack, woke up 3 hours later, still thinking about to spew....then finally after another few hours of sleep....it was ok, and then began slow process of recovery.

being a bike rider doing about 160-180kms every week....its pissing me off not being able to ride for another 3 weeks...but doctors orders!

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Im 17 and ive had 49 operations in my life now, first one being when i was 2 days old, so i know exactly what happens man

You can choose to have the local anesetic (cant spell it but its the stuff that puts you to sleep lol) either in your arm through a canular (needle that stays in your arm with a little tap thing on it, then they inject it from a syringe into the little tap so u dont have another needle going into your arm) Thats the most direct way, and they say by the time you count to 10 your gone, the record is usually about 6, i always try and beat it for fun before i go out haha. If not they can usually give u it through a gas mask. It smells kinda bad but its another way if you prefer that.

You dont dream or feel nothing while you sleep, you wake in a different room which is recovery. Everything is usually blurry for a bit and u just slurr your words coz your drowsy. After a while you can focus and **** but u usually go back to sleep, the time depending on how much stuff they gave u, depends how long the operation took.

I remember on my biggest operation, going down at saturday afternoon, operation took 12 hours, and i woke up next to my mum and said what time is it, and she said "its wednesday night" i was like WOW, and i missed out on the whole summer holidays at school, was in hospital for about 7 weeks, 3 month recovery after that. In total ive missed over a year of school it was worked out from operations lol.

But dont worry you will be fine and nothing like that, im just ****ed up!

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Waking up from that is wicked. I knew my family would be waiting in my room so I told the doc "i'll just pretend I'm asleep and freak them out" and he laughed and said "Okay then", So I pretended I was asleep, got wheeled into the room where my family was and just started saying all this weird ****. They thought I was sleep talking and flipping out. But then I opened my eyes and cracked up laughing - I thought it was so funny. They were all just like :| - But yes, I felt like a piece of butter melting over a big old pile of flap jacks.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
its the best **** ever i go angry that they work me up, then i rember waking up again fully dressed withfood next to me! :)
then i decided i wanted to go for a walk, i was walking into things and yer its awsoem :)

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
i had my wisdoms out last thursday, they put me under local (twilight sleep) so i was awake during it, but then after it was done i walked to a bed and slept for 3hours i woke up and stood up and almost stacked it but other than that i was underneath my car the next day :)