Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should Peter Garret(not the turbo) be held accountable for four deaths?

Do you think Garret should be held to blame for the four insularos deaths?

• No the safety hazzard was already there

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Yes he should stand down

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • It needs further investigation at this stage

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Yes the safety hazzard was there but he should have made a risk assesment

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No the safety hazzard was already there but somone else should have made a risk assesment

Votes: 31 28.4%

• Total voters

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
"How can we sleep, while our insulation is burning"........

con7502003

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
at the end of the day your fate is in your own hands so if its wrong or dodgy dont do it thats why we have a mouth . but if they the installers did not have enough clues to work out right from wrong stiff **** if someone told you to jump of a bridge would you. so no garrett aint at fault so lets get over it hey getting a bit old.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Rudd wouldnt have sacked him. He couldnt have. Rudd knows a lot more about the scheme than hes letting on. Rudd is notorious for sticking his nose into everything and breathing down everyones neck. Of course he knew the details of this scheme. Rudd cant sack Garrett because if he does, good ol Pete will turn around and say shove it and start hanging ministers out to dry.

Hes been given less duties, with same pay and perk. Hes tried to please everyone, stop Garrett from talking and has tried to show the public hes done something... Now we get to see Mr Union Combet have a crack. Oh this will be good. Time to get a beer, some chips, sit on the deck chair and watch the mayhem. Mr Combet in charge of an entire industry, what could go wrong :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
NO.

If I had paid for a company to fit insulation to my roof and they got injured/killled as a result of their own poor safety standards would I be to blame for their death ?

I think NOT.

No one but the companies themselves are to blame for the deaths. If they haven't provided adequate training for their employees then that's their responsibility, not the governments. As a society we love to shift the blame onto everyone else. It's piss poor. Personally, I'm grateful that the government paid for my insulation.

If you subcontracted works to a company/individual that you had been warned were dangerous without taking appropriate steps to eliminate (and/or minimize) the risks then you will more than likely end up in the defendants box with the subcontractor's management.

For right or wrong, you can't just wash your hands of OHS by subcontracting out the dangers.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
at the end of the day your fate is in your own hands so if its wrong or dodgy dont do it thats why we have a mouth . but if they the installers did not have enough clues to work out right from wrong stiff **** if someone told you to jump of a bridge would you. so no garrett aint at fault so lets get over it hey getting a bit old.

This is not China. Workplace safety in Australia is considered to be the responsibility of everybody from the worker thru to the CEO.

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
lol, I just think if we don't have him as enviroment minister we have a good chance of having someone worse at the job, so might as well leave him there. He hasn't been given much free reign yet as far as actual enviroment stuff goes

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, I just think if we don't have him as enviroment minister we have a good chance of having someone worse at the job, so might as well leave him there. He hasn't been given much free reign yet as far as actual enviroment stuff goes

Lol - for the first time in history we have 3 environment ministers. One in charge of global warming, Garrett (now) in charge of saving fuzzy animals and somebody else in charge of fixing the home insulation disaster. :bang:

Reaper

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Lol - for the first time in history we have 3 environment ministers. One in charge of global warming, Garrett (now) in charge of saving fuzzy animals and somebody else in charge of fixing the home insulation disaster. :bang:

Reaper

Combet?

What a larf. Straight from the union sausage machine.

He shares the same degree as me, mining engineering.

I nearly spewed when I found that out :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Combet?

What a larf. Straight from the union sausage machine.

He shares the same degree as me, mining engineering.

I nearly spewed when I found that out :p

At least he has some industry experience in running projects and would have seen plenty of them. I think Garrett has figured out that actually delivering is an entirely different kettle of fish compared to singing protest songs on a stage.

Matter of fact, from Rudd's most recent comments, maybe he has figured this out too???

Reaper