Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should Peter Garret(not the turbo) be held accountable for four deaths?

Do you think Garret should be held to blame for the four insularos deaths?

• No the safety hazzard was already there

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Yes he should stand down

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • It needs further investigation at this stage

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Yes the safety hazzard was there but he should have made a risk assesment

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • No the safety hazzard was already there but somone else should have made a risk assesment

Votes: 31 28.4%

• Total voters

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
At least he has some industry experience in running projects and would have seen plenty of them. I think Garrett has figured out that actually delivering is an entirely different kettle of fish compared to singing protest songs on a stage.

Matter of fact, from Rudd's most recent comments, maybe he has figured this out too???

Reaper

Nah, I highly doubt Combet has experience in running industry projects.

He worked underground and joined the miners union at 19, and then went straight from a mining engineering degree to the union movemement.

Rudd is stuck in a hard place with Garrett. If he sacks him, then he won't have a star candidate to appeal to the younger crowd.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I highly doubt Combet has experience in running industry projects.

He worked underground and joined the miners union at 19, and then went straight from a mining engineering degree to the union movemement.

Rudd is stuck in a hard place with Garrett. If he sacks him, then he won't have a star candidate to appeal to the younger crowd.

Guarantee he has had more to do with industrial projects than Garrett. At least he would have seen plenty (all be it from the other side of the fence) and have some clue how they are rolled out.

Reaper
(now off to neck himself - can't believe I just defended Combet) :banstick:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Guarantee he has had more to do with industrial projects than Garrett. At least he would have seen plenty (all be it from the other side of the fence) and have some clue how they are rolled out.

Reaper
(now off to neck himself - can't believe I just defended Combet) :banstick:

Hahaha, yeah he probably has seen more than the other clown, not in an engineering or project management sense, but moreso from a union campaign perspective.

He seems to be no fool, but I still have nothing but contempt for union leaders with no real world experience in their portfolios that get catapulted into the government. Bill Shorten is another one.