Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trucks banned from Right hand lanes

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Thank god. I'm sick of coming to a wall of trucks with no place to get through. Does it include busses aswell? coz they're the worst.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Thank god. I'm sick of coming to a wall of trucks with no place to get through. Does it include busses aswell? coz they're the worst.

I'm sure soon enough those buses will have their own lane. A busy 3 lane major road near me has just been converted to two lanes because they changed one to a bus lane. As Jeremy Clarkson said "Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?"

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
We need this in QLD.
That's a bloody good idea

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I don't generally have problems with semi's, most of them are going faster than everyone else on main roads anyway so they overtake everyone. Very dangerous though obviously.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hopefully this gets adopted here too. Last week going to work I was stuck (as were others) behind two trucks for about 10ks who were travelling side by side. Instead of the one in the right hand lane dropping in behind the one in the left lane, he tried to get ahead but both kept getting caught at the lights. Then we all had to endure that slow take off as these two B doubles got up to speed again till the next lights.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I was doing a cruise not long ago, side by side were 2 b doubles on the highway @ 100 and they almost touched. 3 lanes and they stick to the right sides.

It's been a habit of late people sitting in the far right lane all the way down highways. Worst is they all sit below the speed limit, and their speeds fluctuate up and down as they pass under suspicious overhead contraptions that might house speed cameras. When coasting on cruise it's the most annoying thing.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
This works great in the UK, no reason it cant be great here.

if only this was the case, truck drivers over here are just as bad as australia, and most highways are 4 lanes around the london area, lucky they dont seem to have B doubles over here