Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter and Fuel Line

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hey guys. i was trying to change my fuel filter when i had a bit of trouble getting those damn clips off....in the process ive split a fuel line....im after the hose thats on the fuel filter, on the side that goes towards the motor. does anyone know where i could get it from and how much it would cost? also.....how the hell to you take those damn clips off????

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
dude, now u need to replace the entire line back to the engine. as for the clips, push them in then hold the tabs firmly in then pull the entire connection off(while holding ta tabs in).

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ahh thanks dude....but doesnt the hose change from a rubber hose to a steel line about 150mm from the filter??

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
ok well i just worked out how to take the clips off...now i feel like a dumbass for splitting the line...

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
buy the tool set from supercheap/autobarn for 20 bucks

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I had a look at these when I changed the fuel filter in my VY. As someone else said above I just pushed them both in towards the filter and squeezed the clips and wiggled them a bit and they came off. I did it without depressurizing the fuel system as I spoke to a mechanic friend about the tool and how he did it and he said just do it that way. If you have broken the clip on the engine side you need to buy the whole pipe back to the engine which looks like a big job to replace. What I would do it to go and buy the smaller hose that goes from the tank to the filter and cut it to the same length as the plastic piece on the engine side then remove the plastic piece from the engine side. I reckon if you heat up the new bit with a hot air gun you could probably force it over the metal pipe. I have done this before with equipment at work using similar tube made by FESTO and it has never leaked. Just be careful of the hot air gun and sparks so heat up the hose away from the car if you can or try some boiling water as an alternative.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
just replace it with some rubber efi fuel hose and acouple of efi hose clamps. just make sure their tight each time you do a service.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
buy the tool set from supercheap/autobarn for 20 bucks

Those tools are ****. VT fuel filters are easier to get off by hand.