Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5" to big?

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
yeah i had a vs running a 21/2" system, bloody dream that car was to drive and the power was good. unfortunately that came across a volvo and went bye bye lol.
b

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
hey guys. i recently got a redback twin 2 1/2 system. no loss of power, same bottom end performance, top end noticed a bit more ticker but nothing to brag about, do the complete system if u want real performance. the only thing is it sucks cause all up for a decent system ur looking at around 2 Grand unless u know people. i got the redback system with no rear resonator(for more sound) and it was $600. i think if the rear resonator was in it u'd notice a bit more power but still nothing to brag. also supercat has a twin 2 1/2 into a 2 1/4 tailpipe, that could be betta then 2 1/2 all the way thru. about $600 for them pipes too. pacemaker 5069 headers would make a fair bit of difference and maybe balistics 200cell cats. would sound a dream too =).
thats my 2bobs worth anyway. hope i helped u a bit..

I have the same thing on my VZ Calais, i agree exactly with your observations too. Top end is slightly better, but definately no power loss, if anything theres a slight gain. plus the redback and 2.5inch sounds nice a deep. a bit of drone, but for a 6, i dont think theres a better combo.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I'm about to fit a 2.5 inch catback exhaust to my VZ, will it fit on the origional cats? I don't want to buy it and find that I can't fit it.

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
I have the same thing on my VZ Calais, i agree exactly with your observations too. Top end is slightly better, but definately no power loss, if anything theres a slight gain. plus the redback and 2.5inch sounds nice a deep. a bit of drone, but for a 6, i dont think theres a better combo.

so urs is without the rear resonator too?

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
so urs is without the rear resonator too?

Mines actually with a rear resonator... But i was told it makes no difference to anything but sound... Just to reduce the raspy-ness. I had a listen to it with a resonator and without, i preferred without as it was a bit deeper.

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
yeah mines much deeper and louder. my mate has a vz sv6 with the same system as you have. it sounds really good but very very quiet i think. but still sounds awesome.

ALIII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Just got a quote from dandy exhaust, twin 2 1/2 from the cat back $550 fitted for VZ SV6, another place quoted $620 fitted. Do your shopping around, ask for quality product (ie redback etc) and always ask how much the full system would cost, and the cost of step by step of the exhaust system.

Get the job done at different places if need be, some places charge more for different jobs.

TIP: if you want the job done cheaper, ask if they make their own parts in house and buy their name brand which will cut the cost by at least 1/4.

hope this helps

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
i got mine done in stainless steel with a redback muffler for 350... done at tidd bros in spotswood, vic.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
yeah mines much deeper and louder. my mate has a vz sv6 with the same system as you have. it sounds really good but very very quiet i think. but still sounds awesome.

The resi i have is a hotdog, it was just as loud with the resi as it was without it, just a different tone. Mines pretty loud, especially under load, has a nice burble on idle too.. But it stills sounds like a 6 :( haha