Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Underbelly statesman

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
yes yes yes, This thread, mildly pointless, Is just an observation I made. The point I was making is that in any show based on the past, cars are usually the least accurate in fitting with the timeline. For example - a BBC UK (No, its actually a decent pommy show for a change) TV show called Life on Mars is basically, about a copper who gets shot, Goes back to 1973, they have a Cortina GXL as a main car, although there are many innaccuracies, and various other cars shown are later models (Youtube - Topgear Phillip Glenister interview). Clarkson points out many of these flaws. Then, a followup show (Ashes to Ashes) Based in 1981, woman copper gets shot, goes back in time, you know the kind of show. They have a 1983 Audi Quattro in which is Right hand drive, the Quattro wasn't available in RHD in 1981, But like Glenister said "But who cares, Its a cool car". Although these 'flaws' don't really change my opinion of the show, they are just a little fun facts for shits and giggles.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
oh, and in the chase scene, I can't exactly recall but the VN seemed Standard V6 material?, and didn't the VL outrun the VN by getting around corners quicker, dodging obstacles and losing visual contact of the police cars?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Learnt a valuable lesson in this thread. People actually watch these TV shows :hmmm:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
VR Statesman's have a bellie - ooow.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
the car is a black vr statesman with vt ss rims but two min after the said vr was shown it popped up 1994 bla bla bla vt ss rims were not made in 1994 so on this stuff up alone i will no longer watch underbelly for the cars not that i ever did anyway lol

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
no. the question is did anyone notice the VL Calais HDT LE in the police chase in the first episode. VL out running the VN bt1 lol
calais1.jpg

Is that what it is? Judging by the headlights, I thought was a JE Camira :eek:

That VR Statesman with VT SS looked pretty good. Maybe John Hatton has good taste in cars :)

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I wonder if they will have any scenes with motorbikes in them where they have the sound of a four cylinder motorbike engine when filming a bike with a single cylinder engine or V twin. It really turns me off a movie when they do this.
They might of had some Fordhead organising their car scenes in underbelly, and they didn't know anything about Holdens. I think the producers of Underbelly should be accused of being unAustralian for not getting their information on Holdens right LOL.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I wonder if they will have any scenes with motorbikes in them where they have the sound of a four cylinder motorbike engine when filming a bike with a single cylinder engine or V twin. It really turns me off a movie when they do this.
They might of had some Fordhead organising their car scenes in underbelly, and they didn't know anything about Holdens. I think the producers of Underbelly should be accused of being unAustralian for not getting their information on Holdens right LOL.

LMAO, much like Terminator 2, with the Xr80/100, had a 2 stroke dub and also had about 42 gears :p