Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troy's VS CLUBBY

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
well i have to, there is no other cheap way to modify the bannana manifold..im only gettin it done that way so that i can redo my intercooler piping later on down the track, because i think the way the piping is atm im loosing some horsepower as the pipe commin from the blower goes right next to the extractors, so redoing the piping will hopefully give me abit more power and boost. as im loosing some boost, its only hittin 8psi when its warmed up abit, and it has a 10psi pulley on it..

well ill only be copyin him until i find some money and upgrade to a TTB manifold

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
thanks luke...ohh man dont tempt me, would love a blown 355 one day...but not yet as i dont have the cash.. y u selling it already?

i also just paided for a Vt brake booster upgrade, hopefully have it during next week

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
Well i went to the APS DYNO DAY in frankston 2day..great bunch of blokes, spoke 2 a few after i went on the rollers and they said they would be happy to tune me car and that there is alot more improvement to be made from the tune..Thanks HPF!!!

but yeh car went on the dyno and on the first run made 213.6rwkw, was shatterd when the came up, but it did have alot of belt slippage.
YouTube - Blown vs clubsport at APS DYNO DAY 22.5.10.mp4

And then on the 2nd run, there was no belt slippage and it made a healthy 237.2rwkw/318.1hp and 926.4NM of Torque:) SOOOOOOOOO happy with that figure! i didnt take a vid coz i thought it was goin 2be another crap run, but ill get the vid off HSVPUNK..ill also scan the dyno sheet later..

BUT...when i was pullin outta the street i was behind HSVPUNK and CLBBY, they both took off hard and i was in a happy mood so thought i would aswell and as it hit second the blower belt shreeded and came off, also knockd off the powersteerin belt..now my waterpump pulley and the crank pulley are rubbin on eachother and makin a weird noise, so i dunno wats happened with that?

22052010_002.jpg

22052010_003.jpg

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Let me know what the difference is like between the VS and VT boosters. you got a VT master on it? You'll have to make a bracket up for the VT booster

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
nah stocky, im buyin a vt brake booster n master cylinder off markovr off this forum, he makes the conversion kit for vn-vs.for only $220 posted to your door. i only got it because my is leakin pretty bad now and its making my paint in me engine bay below the booster bubble/come off

Thanks for the youtube upload markie! appreciated alot..yeh i need more power lol

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
its alright with the spool. i find its better than when i had the lsd, more predictable.. its fine in the wet aslong as u dont be a dick and plant ur foot when ur goin round corners or kick it back a gear when ur goin slow as it will loose traction..the 3.9s feel awsome with the spool aswell.. although wat i hate is when im turnin slowly it does skip, but it doesnt skip around corners unless ur goin real slow. ohh and also parkin is pretty hard, but u will master it after a while.

Hope thats help mking

Also came into some money from slaving away and doin some cash jobs on the weekends and im thinkin about gettin an exhaust...and then later on start buying some cam parts..

With the exhaust i was thinkin about a...
*Twin 3in into 2 mufflers(one each pipe) then into a single 3in with small rear muffler..
*Twin 3in into 2 mufflers then into a single 2.5in
*Twin 2.5in into 2 mufflers into twin 2.5in with no rear resi

The exhaust will have a flange on each pipe straight after the centre mufflers so i can dump it at the diff when i wanna and also i wont have a tip. i want to smooth the exhaust cutout over as its burnt and looks **** so it will look pretty nice im thinkin