Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

got a port and polish

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
got a port and polish on my vt v6 the other day. with other mods its making 150.3 rwkw. feels awesome. just wondering how powerful some other n/a ecotec sixes are. and what mods have been done to achieve the output.

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
69mm throttle body, 12mm plenum spacer, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom bent single high flow cat back exhaust, otr cold air intake, full msd ignition, custom high ratio roller rockers, 105 pound valve springs, intake manifold and heads ported and polished. cant think of much more under the bonnet.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I achieved 145rwkw with a baby cam, raised compression, port and polish, CAI, extractors and exhaust, and tune of course. But I think my single ordinary cat exhaust is restrictive, also the lifters and pushrods with badly setup when it was being tuned and measured, as the engine stopped making power at 5400rpm when it should have gone up to the mid 6k in revs. I have since fixed the lifter problem but haven't got it re-dynoed.

I can't see why your car would make 150rwkw with only that.

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
yer im in the process of a cam at the moment, still umming and uhhing you know. yer the standard computer can only be retuned so much, so cam and a computer are next on my list.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Actually the stock ECU can be tuned A LOT, just got to find a decent tuner. Don't buy an aftermarket ECU, it will be a huge waste of money and still won't be as good as the factory computer.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
69mm throttle body, 12mm plenum spacer, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom bent single high flow cat back exhaust, otr cold air intake, full msd ignition, custom high ratio roller rockers, 105 pound valve springs, intake manifold and heads ported and polished. cant think of much more under the bonnet.

all sounds good cept for the msd ignition, woulda been a good waste of money as there stuff isnt cheap

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
yer a wanted the aftermarket ecu to fully retune rather than use a chip when i get a supercharger kit. as for the msd price. i got it really cheap because i did pay a lot for it to begin with but 1 of the coil towers had a fault and they replaced all my ignition and gave me a full refund.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I've got:

* NGK Iridium spark plugs.
* Bosch motor sport racing leads.
* Aunger CAI.
* K&N panel filter.
* Ported throttle body.
* 9mm Throttle body spacer.
* Port matched plenum chamber to T/B and Intake Manifold.
* 7mm plenum spacer + 7mm more to come.
* 12mm manifold spacer.
* 1.9/1.95 ratio Roller Rockers 1.9 on intake and 1.95 on exhaust, soon to be reversed!
* Pacemaker extractors tuned length design.
* Soon to get twin 200CPI cats and custom Y piece.
* 2.5" redback exhaust with rear resi removed.
* Greenfoam tuned.

Will be re-tuned after, swapping RR's around, getting cats installed, maybe putting on MSD ignition coils, and possibly getting the heads reconditioned also with a three angle valve grind, cleaning the bowls + larger valves.

Haven't got it dyno'd yet but would like something in the end of around 180-190RWHP N/A, but would then like to take it to the strip :)

Last edited:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
yer a wanted the aftermarket ecu to fully retune rather than use a chip when i get a supercharger kit. as for the msd price. i got it really cheap because i did pay a lot for it to begin with but 1 of the coil towers had a fault and they replaced all my ignition and gave me a full refund.

Tuning the chip in a VT is not the only way to tune the computer, you can get a Kalmaker dyno tune, which has more tuning possibilities than most aftermarket ECU's but still uses the original ECU, which is a very sophisticated computer unit.