Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Okay, getting over this...

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
So 30 minutes ago I've come downstairs to head to work, pressed unlock on my key, nothing, pressed it again, nothing, pressed it 5 or 6 times still nothing.

Thinking I've got a flat battery in my remote I used the key to open the door, key in the ignition, no power to anything.

Rewind to Thursday I went in for my 1st service, which was 4 hours. Not until I'm almost on the M5 on the way back home do I notice that I have no sat nav. Called them, they said it would take 2 hours to fix.

Took it back to them on the Saturday, after 3.5 hours I'm told my IQ unit was blown and they would have to order a replacement.

And now I'm sitting here late for work waiting for roadside assist to turn up. NOT HAPPY HOLDEN!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.896480,151.161520

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
that sucks mate....at least its under warranty

brgsv6

Bing!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
My sv6 did that, series 1 so doesn't have IQ but I got the battery checked they said it was fine, took it to Holden for a software update and they said there's no current draw. They said it was the battery.
It went flat after I didn't drive it for 2 full days then I left it for like 6 days two weeks later and it started fine. Silly :)

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Same thing happen to me. About a month ago. Series 1 09 SV6. EXACT PROBLEM. Funny thing was i had a spare battary in the shed so i thought i would change it but you cant open the boot with a blown battary and the battary in the boot

After waiting for road side assist for 4 hours, i rang them again 2 hours later again then i got angry called my dad, my dad called LEXUS(mums car) roadside assist. FUNNY THING IS IT WAS RACQ aswell and they came in 20 minutes and my dad got them to do it.

It really is patheic

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Just thinking out allowed but is there anyway you could get in to the engine bay? (maybe from underneath?) If so you could slap a battery charger on to that red plastic covered positive terminal. that would give you enough charge to pop the boot and then properly charge your battery or switch it out for a new one.....

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
If you can get in the car, there is a yellow tab near the centre rear set that allows you to open the boot without power to check battery.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Just thinking out allowed but is there anyway you could get in to the engine bay? (maybe from underneath?) If so you could slap a battery charger on to that red plastic covered positive terminal. that would give you enough charge to pop the boot and then properly charge your battery or switch it out for a new one.....
Unlock the door with the key, pull the bonnet release, bonnet opens :p

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
No it won't.

The key only operates the central locking system which does not work if there is no battery power. It is not a mechanical key.

The RACQ had to prize open the door frame a little at the top to insert a long wire to pull the bonnet release !!!!

wing_nut

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Barina with Chrome Plated grease nipples
RACQ roadside assist is a joke